Legalised Weed in the UK

I work closely with the police regarding drugs, I can tell you now legislation will happen. The police in London already have an unofficial hands off approach to people using the drug. It's over tax the hell out of it regulate it and focus on the other more serious problems.

Pharmacologically I would say it is less harmful than alcohol. The one caveat I would put in is be strict about people under the age of 18/19 using the drug, as there is strong evidence that using the drug in your teens can lead to addiction. Realistically if 25 year old bloke wants to smoke weed in his living room good luck to him.

On an anecdotal and personal level I have seen more lives ruined by booze and especially gambling.

I work closely with the police regarding drugs, I can tell you now legislation will happen. The police in London already have an unofficial hands off approach to people using the drug. It's over tax the hell out of it regulate it and focus on the other more serious problems.

Pharmacologically I would say it is less harmful than alcohol. The one caveat I would put in is be strict about people under the age of 18/19 using the drug, as there is strong evidence that using the drug in your teens can lead to addiction. Realistically if 25 year old bloke wants to smoke weed in his living room good luck to him.

On an anecdotal and personal level I have seen more lives ruined by booze and especially gambling.
My missus doesn't use it as choice. It is the only thing that works for her. She often says she would try rat poison if she thought it would help and would willingly sign up for any trials for any potential treatment. We have friends who like a drink to excess and one is a big gambler who nearly lost his house. Some people cannot do things in moderation

My missus doesn't use it as choice. It is the only thing that works for her. She often says she would try rat poison if she thought it would help and would willingly sign up for any trials for any potential treatment. We have friends who like a drink to excess and one is a big gambler who nearly lost his house. Some people cannot do things in moderation

Medically the potential for it in treatment of seizures and chronic pain conditions is huge, once it becomes more accepted I can see Savitex been a front line therapy for a lot of conditions.

Yeah my brother had awful trouble with the drink, it destroyed his health by the time he was 40. Luckily he got a grip and is doing much better but it took years to acknowledge the problem. I have three people in my circle brought to their knees by gambling. In my opinion that is the most vicious addiction, one chap destroyed his marriage and relationship with the mother of his kid. I've still never seen anything like it, he literally owed/stole from everybody in his life.

Medically the potential for it in treatment of seizures and chronic pain conditions is huge, once it becomes more accepted I can see Savitex been a front line therapy for a lot of conditions.

Yeah my brother had awful trouble with the drink, it destroyed his health by the time he was 40. Luckily he got a grip and is doing much better but it took years to acknowledge the problem. I have three people in my circle brought to their knees by gambling. In my opinion that is the most vicious addiction, one chap destroyed his marriage and relationship with the mother of his kid. I've still never seen anything like it, he literally owed/stole from everybody in his life.
The wife's neurologist has tried to get her on Sativex to no avail yet due to cost factors which would most certainly come down if Legalised production was possible

It's no coincendence a lot of the people I used to smoke it with (hashish) when a teenager, who continued to smoke heavily into their 30s now suffer with mental health problems - legalising it should mean what people are smoking is pure and less chemicals messing with people's heads (maybe?) and its less money in the pockets of dealers so its a good step IMO - aside from the smell (I've had neighbours smoking it all day which is annoying) it's otherwise harmless stuff and should have been legalised years ago.
I went to the funeral of two mates killed by alcohol. I've seen violence and family grief through drink. You make the correlation between things you can't say for certain caused your oaks mental health issues. Alcohol and tobacco kill nearly half a million. Some one dies with a dodgy E and it's in the news.

No drug is without effects. But some are far worse and legal.

It's only criminals who want it illegal. They make a fortune. Make all drugs legal, remove the danger dodgy labs provide and use the money generated in tax to help people who do too much. And build a few hospitals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.