Summer Transfers

Sky sports news just said news coming up on Sergio and could he be on his way out of city.

What??

Where else is this non story appearing? Nowhere coz it's bullshit. I'm getting sick and tired with these ****s peddling their shit about us.

Sky sports news just said news coming up on Sergio and could he be on his way out of city.

What??

Where else is this non story appearing? Nowhere coz it's bullshit. I'm getting sick and tired with these ****s peddling their shit about us.
'Sergio has a contract with Manchester City until 2021, and there is no chance of him leaving before that,' agent Hernan Reguera told FCInterNews.it.

'We'll see what happens after that. I haven't spoken to Inter, and the reason is very simple: Aguero is happy with the Citizens and has no intention of changing club.'

'Sergio has a contract with Manchester City until 2021, and there is no chance of him leaving before that,' agent Hernan Reguera told FCInterNews.it.

'We'll see what happens after that. I haven't spoken to Inter, and the reason is very simple: Aguero is happy with the Citizens and has no intention of changing club.'
Exactly the same headline I read.

I think sky sports news is off in my house for the foreseeable.

Few muddled thoughts and points below

RB - Cancelo/Semedo is interesting because it's well reported Pep's chased Cancelo for a while so considering he paid £60m for him (Yes we got 30 back for Danilo but it was technically two separate deals on paper), I don't think he'll want to get rid of him so quickly - especially with Walker not getting any younger & his personal life might become a distraction a la Stones. Couto is far too inexperienced to be chucked in, I hope he goes to Leeds on loan & gets acclimatised with far less pressure on him.

CB - I wish a lot of people on here would stop saying we're moving to 3ATB - because Pep and City will never ever buy players just for ONE formation. Pep has always wanted a variety of formations available to him, the standard 4-3-3, the 3-5-2 with Mendy & both strikers, the 4-2-3-1 we've seen a lot this year and the 4-4-2 press that system morphs into during games. We need CBs. Imo, 2. A quality 3rd choice and a starting partner for Laporte. I see Garcia staying as 4th choice, maybe Stones or Tosin stay too as that backup but we need a quality player - my preference is Upamecano but a few here saying Ruben Dias, which is who I thought we'd get last summer - decent release clause too which Txiki always appreciates.

Other sales - Otamendi has to go. The fee doesn't matter really, it's very much a thanks for the memories but time to go. I think at least 2 of the LBs (Mendy, Zinny, Angelino) have to go. I'd prefer to keep Mendy and bring in a starter allowing Mendy to really work on his fitness and reshape his technique. Zinny isn't good enough at LB and likely isn't at CM/CAM either to play there otherwise he would've by now. Angelino is good and there's obviously a talent there but he's not quite our level imo, but hey if he wants to fight for his spot then I'm not against it provided there's a starter joining.

Aouar is a real dream signing to me, he's young, cheapish, and good on the ball. I think he and Foden can get enough minutes between them, especially with Phil becoming a bit of an attacking utility man playing wide, CAM, LCM. Gundo should move to 6 and be a backup, as well as being a backup at 8 in say cup games or whatever. There's certain opponents his slower game is useful.
You're correct in that we won't settle on 1 formation. However, I think we will play 3 at the back if our CB options are limited. A back 4 with Garcia and Fernandinho is a little weak and they need cover. Also when we play 3 at the back it's mostly 3-4-3. We need to play with a double pivot in midfield. Having 3 CB's and 1 loan DM leaves us exposed if the 2 #8's and the wingbacks pushed high up . The DM would have to cover so much ground, so one of the midfielders have to drop back. The problem with 3 at the back is you're asking your wingbacks to create vs. a 4 at the back where the 2 #8's are creators. I also don't think we'd go for Umepacano . He reminds me of a CB version of N'dombele. I just don't think he's suited to play for us.

All of them will stay. In January it'll be reassessed, but they will most likely stay the whole season.

Agüero Will leave summer 2021
Sterling Summer 2021(keep your eyes on him)
(he will most likely sign a 1 year contract, while Jesus and Mahrez will most likely sign a 3 year and 2 year contract respectively. Why is that!?)

So our Attack is going to be evolving in summer 21. We need the youngsters here and learning the system next season(even if some of them get Foden level minutes), that is the best way to prepare them for their second season.

The circumstances are different, but we did not have an experienced Left-Back in 18-19 or 19-20, Nor will we have one in 20-21 besides Mendy.

Left-Back will most likely continue to be a problem, knowing our luck. But compared to the previous 3 season, we are going to have a much more Balanced squad to deal with the problem.

why will Jesus and Sterling leave so soon ?

why will Jesus and Sterling leave so soon ?
Jesus is going nowhere for at least another 3 years.

Sterling though is going to be a talking point in 2021, the why is pretty straightforward.

Jesus is going nowhere for at least another 3 years.

Sterling though is going to be a talking point in 2021, the why is pretty straightforward.

Go on then I'll bite, why will sterling leave next summer?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.