City’s New Kits - 2020/21 - [Old Thread]

Saw this. How I imagined the shirt would look based on the leaked info.

405-BBEE3-F883-4091-8815-9238-D0-D394-F2.jpg
That looks class! Now, get rid of the ETIHAD AIRWAYS across the front and I might actually have it!

I also like the new First Team mosaic shirt. I prefer t-shirts to the actual kit tops (cheap poly that snags), so I doubt I’ll get either one, though!

Sad part is, they KNOW what we want, which is why they created the Limited Edition 125 years shirt, but refuse to give it to us, because they know they won’t sell anything else!!!

I thought the Fruit Salad kit took the biscuit last yeat, but apart from the fact it's horrendous, when will we ever wear it? It's too close in colour to be worn instead of the home shirt?

Nothing Chi-town. Already have.

Was just thinking this was a way to generate funds for the relief. Agree?
Not really. If I want to contribute to something, I don’t need an inducement, I just give to it. Using a shirt as an excuse to contribute something seems kinda strange to me, but sounds like you’ve already contributed, so if everyone was like you, we’d have a better world.

Often wonder, with all the wealth in Britain, why the working class ever need to step up, but it’s always those with the least that contribute the most (in terms of sacrifice). I’m glad to see the PFA hav used this as an opportunity to contribute a portion of their salaries to the cause. When you’re making £££££ every week, it should almost be a given, but then I do think it should always be a personal choice.

While COVID-19 is bad, and the initial response was anemic, requiring a stricter follow-on, it is good to see the NHS and it’s workers getting their due. Warts and all, the NHS is a godsend to ordinary citizens, for whom the exploding cost of healthcare would be yet another burden they’re unable to bear.

Has any thought been given to REPLACING SPONSORS on kits for the remainder of the season, and placing a ❤️NHS “sponsorship” on the front of the shirt, or even on th back of the shirt under the numbers, where foreign teams place names and sponsors?

Seems to me, with Etihad not flying, it would be a way for City to promote a worthy cause and would be an excellent move of respect for those who are keeping Britons safe and comfortable while dealing with this crisis.

Conversely, City could do it, get fined, and force the PL to donate the fine to the NHS Trust, etc.

Just a thought....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.