UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you believe that the media is not perverse you can believe anything.

Where have I ever said the media is not perverse?

Nobody has a lower opinion of certain sections of the media than me. The only difference is I think their behaviour is not unique to City but contemptible to anyone they can possibly attack.

Also I do not use a broad brush to categorise everybody in the media, hence I doubt everybody is conspiring against us. Sadly some people cannot see that you can doubt an agenda by the ‘media’ but still dislike large sections of them.

Last edited:
Some have, including the one I directly quoted.

Either way, no one has a clue how this is going to go. So lets see in a few weeks and hopefully everything we’ve been told by soriano and khaldoon is true

what some have? Accepting the rule only if it is for us? Of course. But not some, the huge majority. That's perfectly normal. The opposite is a travesty.

Don't forget though that the Saudi's were supposedly after buying the rags, the rags were getting giddy, then all of a sudden they came in for Newcastle. Something changed, and I'd like to think the UAE have told the Saudi's the score. A Saudi owned rags would have been a disaster, a Newcastle owned one I welcome, no way we will shit on each other, and we should welcome a powerful ally.

As long as FFP is there, them coming to Newcastle won't be any huge problem for us. If FFP is done, it's another pair of gloves. But it would still be their absolute right to buy and invest. Nobody should be dehumanized and attacked for investing into their business.

As long as FFP is there, them coming to Newcastle won't be any huge problem for us. If FFP is done, it's another pair of gloves. But it would still be their absolute right to buy and invest. Nobody should be dehumanized and attacked for investing into their business.

If they buy Newcastle they will be successful, it might take 5,6,7 years but they will get there. I welcome the challenge and it would be hypocritical of us as a City fan base not too. I see Saudi investment in Newcastle as fantastic regarding football politics concerning City, which is the point I'm making, we need allies against the g14 and the American PL clubs who play in red, and their pet poodle named spurs.

Firstly it is absolutely nothing like Nazi Germany.

Yes unfortunately we are obliged to comply with the rules. It is not really batshit crazy for City fans to think this whether they agree with them or not.

The consequences are pretty obvious to most fans, if we are found guilty. The potential loss of key players, the loss of revenue, sponsorship etc the damage to the reputation of the club and the uncomfortable position it would have put Pep in having to front up each week to the accusations.

My hope is the club can clears its name of all the charges.

We complied with there rules they even signed them of! Those hacked emails that were taken out of context with parts blacked out! The history boys got on the blower to Uefa and told them to do something or else. No rules were broken end of.

I think my point was its not batshit crazy for fans to worry about the club breaking the rules, because the consequences of those actions will be severe for the club and those involved with it.

Also I try to be consistent in my beliefs. If we engage in ‘critical thinking’ does breaking of the rules extend to all clubs or just City? Are would you support other clubs rights to break rules, if they do not agree with them, such as the amount of owner investment for example?
Abso-fucking-lutely. Roman Abramovic came along and rained on everybody’s parade long before Sheikh Mansour turned up. Would Chelsea have fallen foul of these rules? Who knows. But I for one loved it as it broke up the United, Arsenal, Liverpool axis

In fact I remember wishing we had a Russian oligarch, and there was hope for all clubs. We all had a chance of the lottery win. Something those who remember Swales would have clung onto dearly. But here we are a few short years later (relatively). Chelsea’s investment is conveniently forgotten about. You can actually go back further to the Moore’s family (Littlewoods) investment in Liverpool who financially doped them in the 50’s. Newcastle, Everton and Wolves fans better not get ideas above their station. You can win the odd one off cup, but forget any ideas of a period of domination.

So yes, it does extend to other clubs you smart arse. I can point to my own and most other people’s acceptance of Chelsea’s success as exhibit A m’lud!

We complied with there rules they even signed them of! Those hacked emails that were taken out of context with parts blacked out! The history boys got on the blower to Uefa and told them to do something or else. No rules were broken end of.

Sorry the point of the post was not to comment if we broke the rules, just the fact that fans are concerned about the consequences, which I think is understandable.

I am optimistic we will be cleared, have no case to answer, but still worried about the consequences if we are found guilty.

Abso-fucking-lutely. Roman Abramovic came along and rained on everybody’s parade long before Sheikh Mansour turned up. Would Chelsea have fallen foul of these rules? Who knows. But I for one loved it as it broke up the United, Arsenal, Liverpool axis

In fact I remember wishing we had a Russian oligarch, and there was hope for all clubs. We all had a chance of the lottery win. Something those who remember Swales would have clung onto dearly. But here we are a few short years later (relatively). Chelsea’s investment is conveniently forgotten about. You can actually go back further to the Moore’s family (Littlewoods) investment in Liverpool who financially doped them in the 50’s. Newcastle, Everton and Wolves fans better not get ideas above their station. You can win the odd one off cup, but forget any ideas of a period of domination.

So yes, it does extend to other clubs you smart arse. I can point to my own and most other people’s acceptance of Chelsea’s success as exhibit A m’lud!

You have missed the point. Let us leave it there, as no interest in exchanging insults.

Sorry the point of the post was not to comment if we broke the rules, just the fact that fans are concerned about the consequences, which I think is understandable.

I am optimistic we will be cleared, have no case to answer, but still worried about the consequences if we are found guilty.

Worrying isn't good for your health, much better to be optimistic.

Why worry about something for Months on end only for it not to happen after all.

All that stress and anxiety for nothing, worry about something when you have something to actually worry about, not something that might happen sometime in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.