Matais Vuoso

When Keegan was in charge I used to go to the Carrington training ground autograph hunting as a kid any time there was half term holidays. There was a path that ran down the side of the training ground and before they put the privacy screening up you could stand there and watch most of training if the players were on the closet pitch.

Keegan was great and would often tell the one of the physios to let the 7/8 kids that were watching at the fence in via the gate so we could sit on the side of the pitch and watch training close up.

I remember one day the forwards finished with shooting practice with KK feeding the balls in to forwards, the Goat was bagging for fun, think Anelka and Huckerby were involved too but Vuoso was the worst footballer I’d ever seen. He literally was missing from 6 yards out, couldnt head it, couldn’t manage a shot on target, keeper didn’t have to make a save - a few balls went in the fields behind the training ground and KK asked the kids to go and try to find them....literally was like they’d put a bloke who’d won a comp to train with the first team for a day, I’m not surprised he never played for us.

I used to watch him at Hyde, when the Reserves played there.
I really wanted him to do well because he seemed a decent lad. At the beginning I just thought he was struggling to settle like many had done before him, but it didn't matter who the opposition were he always looked out of his depth

I saw Vuoso play when we stuffed Leeds reserves 4 nil at Wakefield RL’s ground. He looked decent but don’t really stand out a lot.

I didn’t have much confidence after a rag told me that Vuoso wasn’t rated in the same calibre and Diego had been terrible for Utd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.