Sunday Supplement cancelled from 2020/21 season

yet another change in rules/how to play.

Anything to get it over the line, and continue playing...

Might as well invent a new sport to cover the amalgamated proposed changes from pundits/PL/FA:
No tackling
30 mins each way
5+ subs
Empty stadiums
Neutral grounds

Can't see it being very long before we have players rolling about in those bubble things and trying to get the ball inside the opposition penalty area for a touchdown.

I thought there was a survey on the bbc website that said I think only about 15% wanted a restart in a pandemic. So want makes them think that fans want it back ?

I only know a few fans from Chelsea, spurs, and Notts Forest and all say null n void and start planning for a new season
And silly woman on Sunday Supplement today saying that she knew nothing about the Bundesliga before last week and watched to see what she could learn - you’re a professional football journalist and you know nothing about one of the 4 biggest leagues in Europe? She reminded me of Mark Lawrenson who enjoyed stealing licence payers’ money by sitting with the commentator at World Cups boasting that he “hasn’t got a clue about the Colombians.”

I thought there was a survey on the bbc website that said I think only about 15% wanted a restart in a pandemic. So want makes them think that fans want it back ?

I only know a few fans from Chelsea, spurs, and Notts Forest and all say null n void and start planning for a new season

15%, with a regional bias of responses from Merseyside no doubt.

Ahh, it all makes sense now why that smug **** on the BBC keeps telling us all every hour, on the hour that "Football's coming back, whether you like it or not.."

I'd have him pitchside doing the commentary on every game possible, see how smug he is then, looking square into the camera telling us all what's best for us..!

Ahh, it all makes sense now why that smug **** on the BBC keeps telling us all every hour, on the hour that "Football's coming back, whether you like it or not.."

I'd have him pitchside doing the commentary on every game possible, see how smug he is then, looking square into the camera telling us all what's best for us..!
I think the “whether you like it or not” was aimed at those who don’t like football per se. He would not have said that on a episode on Football Focus.

But it does beg the question, what percentage of football fans want it back? Obviously the answer is transitional and dependent on changing factors. Personally I don’t want it back till at least August and I don’t think he should have said it.

And silly woman on Sunday Supplement today saying that she knew nothing about the Bundesliga before last week and watched to see what she could learn - you’re a professional football journalist and you know nothing about one of the 4 biggest leagues in Europe? She reminded me of Mark Lawrenson who enjoyed stealing licence payers’ money by sitting with the commentator at World Cups boasting that he “hasn’t got a clue about the Colombians.”

I to thought it was strange that she said she was surprised at how technical German football was. How do you get a job as a football reporter and think that the Bundesliga is some raggy arse rovers Sunday league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.