Summer Transfers

I think you have answered most of the question for yourself, but last season both Kompany and Laporte were better than Van Dijk, obviously not this season, Bissika at utd is by far a better RB probably the best in the league but crap going forward, Williams is better than Robertson at everything, and if they named James at LWB he would be miles better, i would name a city player but they have been out injured hence liverpool being more reliable at the back

Also find it odd that you pick out United players at rb and left back as better than Liverpool despite how bad there season has been compared to other clubs and of course Liverpool and one of them doesn’t even play all the games and was a nobody before this season

we have dominated domestically these past seasons. With only the CL trophy missing, He is on the Verge of Winning every competition he's competed in.
Sterling is an extremely ambitious player, he left Liverpool for that very reason.

We signed Mahrez at 27.5. Needing a year or so to adapt to the new team, he said he regretted not moving sooner.

Hazard Moved at 28.5. he let himself down with his pre season fitness, but due to his age he has no more room for errors, if he does not want to become an expensive waste of money.

From the Madrid side, I only know of the Rumors that that came about towards the end of last summer.
Then at the beginning of Season, the Athletic was reporting that his agent was having discussions and that 'just talks were going on right now, but he wanted to move sooner rather than later' And also Raheem's interview before the Madrid Game.

So I'm just guessing that the Interest is Mutual.

And when you think about it from the perspective of Madrid's squad Building, I can see the logic behind it.

you seem to be assuming he will move in order to win the champions league that assumes we cannot win it and that Real will or will stand a better chance

I think you have answered most of the question for yourself, but last season both Kompany and Laporte were better than Van Dijk, obviously not this season, Bissika at utd is by far a better RB probably the best in the league but crap going forward, Williams is better than Robertson at everything, and if they named James at LWB he would be miles better, i would name a city player but they have been out injured hence liverpool being more reliable at the back

you seem to have decided that full backs have to be really good defenders no matter how good they are going forward that does not really seem to be the way full backs operate these days or what coaches like Klopp and Pep want

I would add I would rather have Trent than walker

you seem to be assuming he will move in order to win the champions league that assumes we cannot win it and that Real will or will stand a better chance

Where did I say that? We have our best chance yet to win it this season. And next season we should still be one of the favorite, as we have been for the previous couple of years(despite us bieng unlucky).

you seem to have decided that full backs have to be really good defenders no matter how good they are going forward that does not really seem to be the way full backs operate these days or what coaches like Klopp and Pep want

I would add I would rather have Trent than walker
Bit strange that when you consider Pep bought Walker for a big price? Trent has a good cross and free kick but Walker has the pace needed when you play with a high back line and only 1 DM

agree we spend 50m on full backs we don’t play , so why not pay that sort of money or more on a player who is guaranteed to Play even if it’s not for long to improve the squad. It’s like when United got van persie when he won them the league nobody was botherd that he wouldn’t be there long. Be the same if we got a proper CB , If it wins us the league nobody will care about the cost or how old he is

Exactly. It just makes sense from all angles to me plus doesn’t block the path of Garcia and THB who look like real prospects. I even think Tosin has a chance with us in the future, just needs to put on more muscle.

I would go one better and say not only the league but a player like Koulibaly gives us a great chance for the CL.

Even if he costs £90m and we only get two good years from him. Will anyone care if we continue to win multiple trophies?? What if he helps us win the trophy our owners have been craving forever.

Also much less risk associated when you buy one of the best CBs in the world, he is top 3 in the world, no debate about it. We could gamble on a younger option and likely still have to pay £40m. Then you run the risk of taking longer to adapt, etc.

Wouldn’t so much say liability’s but they are defiantly the weaknesses in our squad which have been exploited time and time again with the defenders in that list . gundogan is a very good holding midfielder on his own there but we have rodri who will play there so wouldn’t bother me if he went, Would love stones to reach his potential because he has all the talent, but the lad has too much going on in his personal life which has distracted him , I just feel he can be weak and there’s always a mistake in him . If stones and otamendi are playing in a back 3 next season we will struggle for top 4. We’re are 22 points behind Liverpool, As much as I hate saying it ,there back 4 is miles better than ours they have the 2 best full backs in the league , best cb and tbh there back ups gomes and matip are just as good as ota and stones . Our whole back line apart from Laporte needs serious investment to get close to the scousers 22 points is massive and A massive overhaul is needed and if them names above stay I kind of agree , might aswell forget next season !
Wouldn't it make more sense to move Rodri next to laporte with stones and younger players back up ie garcia move fern back into midfield infront of back 4 and work on that position and full backs ?

agree we spend 50m on full backs we don’t play , so why not pay that sort of money or more on a player who is guaranteed to Play even if it’s not for long to improve the squad. It’s like when United got van persie when he won them the league nobody was botherd that he wouldn’t be there long. Be the same if we got a proper CB , If it wins us the league nobody will care about the cost or how old he is
Thats not how we operate these days. We operated like that in 2013/14 and 14/15. It wasn't pretty overall, struggled to get rid. Its all about long term value these days, i.e young players. Khaldoon has himself said this. Of course does not mean we wont sign ready made players but even they will be aged 26-27.

Also some seem attribute our shit defence due to poor CBs. I agree its big part but also another part why our defence has been poor this season is due to our lazy pressing.

Even if we get a new ready made CB but our lazy pressing continues our defence is likely to be suspect. Then we have double problem of shit defence and aging player on high wages.

So all in all, its better to target long term value.

Thats not how we operate these days. We operated like that in 2013/14 and 14/15. It wasn't pretty overall, struggled to get rid. Its all about long term value these days, i.e young players. Khaldoon has himself said this. Of course does not mean we wont sign ready made players but even they will be aged 26-27.

Also some seem attribute our shit defence due to poor CBs. I agree its big part but also another part why our defence has been poor this season is due to our lazy pressing.

Even if we get a new ready made CB but our lazy pressing continues our defence is likely to be suspect. Then we have double problem of shit defence and aging player on high wages.

So all in all, its better to target long term value.

Great post. Not a single thing that’s difficult to argue with. It’s this exact thinking why I hope/wish City move for Ruben Dias. But the lack of concrete links of late make it seem unlikely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.