Sunday Supplement cancelled from 2020/21 season

Yeah it just goes to show how football thinks it is a special case,i iwould think as many people couldn't care less about it coming back as do,it is very disappointing to hear x players wanting to put fellow players in harm's way when they wouldn't do it themselves

What do you think of the bundesliga return so far ?
I know you will not have actually watched the games. But do you think it was positive , negative, badly timed ? Unsafe ?
Just interested in your opinion really.

What do you think of the bundesliga return so far ?
I know you will not have actually watched the games. But do you think it was positive , negative, badly timed ? Unsafe ?
Just interested in your opinion really.
I watched part of the first two games,bayern and the first one was Dortmund i think( as I know a man who can sort these things) just put of curiosity

I thought the lack of fans was awful,i am very bemused to see the subs wearing masks then when they went on take them off,sitting on the bench they were protected but when they actually had contact with players they were not?

I think it is too soon into a virus that nobody is immune to to playing a contact sport,whilst the rest of us are still social distancing i can't get my head around playing football,it is too risky for the players playing the game ,maybe getting more injured being careful and sticking to the fa rule of turning their heads away when tackling or being tacklef

I don't believe we should be testing nearly a 1,000 people in a week,some teams twice I think,when care homes still can't get tested,a test gives you a moment in time,you can be negative in the morning and positive in the evening,seeing pep in a mask and gloves is like some kind of strange joke,as is all the rules the fa and the prem are coming out with to justify it

I don't think we need a contact sport right now,i don't think it is fair on the players who have the contact and their families who might get it

I watched part of the first two games,bayern and the first one was Dortmund i think( as I know a man who can sort these things) just put of curiosity

I thought the lack of fans was awful,i am very bemused to see the subs wearing masks then when they went on take them off,sitting on the bench they were protected but when they actually had contact with players they were not?

I think it is too soon into a virus that nobody is immune to to playing a contact sport,whilst the rest of us are still social distancing i can't get my head around playing football,it is too risky for the players playing the game ,maybe getting more injured being careful and sticking to the fa rule of turning their heads away when tackling or being tacklef

I don't believe we should be testing nearly a 1,000 people in a week,some teams twice I think,when care homes still can't get tested,a test gives you a moment in time,you can be negative in the morning and positive in the evening,seeing pep in a mask and gloves is like some kind of strange joke,as is all the rules the fa and the prem are coming out with to justify it

I don't think we need a contact sport right now,i don't think it is fair on the players who have the contact and their families who might get it
I would think any player suffering a serious injury and having to go to hospital would be very dubious about having to go. They are the last place I would fancy going to as a friends neighbour went for an outpatient appointment and caught covid and died

Germany is in a different situation than England is. Germany has 100 deaths per million/inhabitants - England has 542. New infection numbers are pretty low compared to the number of tests that are done.

We have all our shops opened again. Restaurants are opened with special concepts - in a lot parts of the country even hotels are opened for private travelling again. More and more schools, pre-schools and day care places open again. Barber shops and hair dressers, too - all with special rules to minimize the danger. Germany never had a full lockdown - a lot offices and plants did not shut down. Some did as supply chains from other countries broke down or because of lack of demand.

German states open with different speeds, the West faster than the South.

If you e.g. take Munich - there has been 6 new infections per 100,000 inhabitants in the last 7 days. Dortmund had 0.9 - Berlin 5.1 - Gelsenkirchen (Schalke) 4.6 - Augsburg 1.7 - Wolfsburg 0.8 - Frankfurt 19.8 (there 40 people infected themselves during a church service) - Mainz 3.3

The players and their families still are advised to live quarantine style like some weeks ago when everything non essential was still closed. They are tested twice a week (and there is a lot of unused testing capacity in the country).

In my eyes the risk for the player is much lower than it is for most of the other people in the country. Yes, there is always some risk left - but that risk is lower than of most other daily risks of life.

Firstly i hope that the man who "sorted" it kept a safe distance if he came to into your house.
I am sure that despite your strong worries about the safety of players and the costs of tests, you will be watching every minute that City play.
This virus will be around for a long time, many of us have started to go back to work, where there is obviously some risk, but taxpayers need to earn money, to pay for the NHS, and those who do not work but use the services our tax pays for. Footballers are part of this process. People who earn and pay tax are vital if the country is to survive.

There is no FA rule of turning a head away when you tackle, In fact the statement says close contact is allowed. I think sticking to the facts is important. We will not have supporters in grounds for months, they have to return without them, footballers will be looked after much better than many returning to factories or to transport.
I realise that you are passionate about the NHS, so am I, there has been no visitors to our house since early march .

One way they’ve started to piss me off is to talk about the morale of the country and to claim that football fans are desperate to have it back.

On the contrary. It’s simply the clubs and everyone with their snouts in the trough who are desperate.

Seeing that twat who presents football focus, Alan Shearer, Ian Wright, Gary Neville, Spitty, Jamie Redknapp, Geoff Shreeves and others sit in their luxurious homes banging on about how much the common man wants it back makes me sick.

how much evidence is there to suggest that morale would be improved by the return of football?

AFAIK there is none. It may be right, but as a statement of fact it’s got no evidence base whatsoever. Like much of sports journalists’ content, it’s completely made up.

Starting again probably will be a boost to moral...for armchair fans.

If I take my friends thoughts into account, matchgoing fans want it to not start but TV watchers are all for it.

Firstly i hope that the man who "sorted" it kept a safe distance if he came to into your house.
I am sure that despite your strong worries about the safety of players and the costs of tests, you will be watching every minute that City play.
This virus will be around for a long time, many of us have started to go back to work, where there is obviously some risk, but taxpayers need to earn money, to pay for the NHS, and those who do not work but use the services our tax pays for. Footballers are part of this process. People who earn and pay tax are vital if the country is to survive.

There is no FA rule of turning a head away when you tackle, In fact the statement says close contact is allowed. I think sticking to the facts is important. We will not have supporters in grounds for months, they have to return without them, footballers will be looked after much better than many returning to factories or to transport.
I realise that you are passionate about the NHS, so am I, there has been no visitors to our house since early march .
Nobody came in my house
Watching means I can't be worried?
i have posted all the rules the fa proposed,turning their heads is one
Footballers have never stopped paying tax the rest of the staff are being paid and paying tax
It is immoral to test 1000 a week every week when carers can't get tested
There is always an under current to your posts

Germany is in a different situation than England is. Germany has 100 deaths per million/inhabitants - England has 542. New infection numbers are pretty low compared to the number of tests that are done.

We have all our shops opened again. Restaurants are opened with special concepts - in a lot parts of the country even hotels are opened for private travelling again. More and more schools, pre-schools and day care places open again. Barber shops and hair dressers, too - all with special rules to minimize the danger. Germany never had a full lockdown - a lot offices and plants did not shut down. Some did as supply chains from other countries broke down or because of lack of demand.

German states open with different speeds, the West faster than the South.

If you e.g. take Munich - there has been 6 new infections per 100,000 inhabitants in the last 7 days. Dortmund had 0.9 - Berlin 5.1 - Gelsenkirchen (Schalke) 4.6 - Augsburg 1.7 - Wolfsburg 0.8 - Frankfurt 19.8 (there 40 people infected themselves during a church service) - Mainz 3.3

The players and their families still are advised to live quarantine style like some weeks ago when everything non essential was still closed. They are tested twice a week (and there is a lot of unused testing capacity in the country).

In my eyes the risk for the player is much lower than it is for most of the other people in the country. Yes, there is always some risk left - but that risk is lower than of most other daily risks of life.
Barber shops and hair dressers, too - all with special rules to minimize the danger

Why do they need special rule when football is a contact sport?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.