UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ADUG sole shareholder is Sheikh Mansour., according to City's accounts. So on the surface that could be seen as damning I guess. But as I've said ad nauseas, it's all about context.

I spoke to two high profile football finance commentators about those articles. One was Kieran Maguire of Liverpool University (who's a Brighton lad not a scouser). Him and Swiss Ramble are the two people people I look up to when it comes to football financial stuff. His considered view was that there was no smoking gun in those articles. I also spoke to David Conn, who isn't exactly known for going out on a limb to defend City, despite being a fan. His view about the articles was "So what?". In other words, there was nothing particularly sensational in them. Again, no smoking gun.

Now think about it. Simon Pearce's reply could have been that smoking gun if it confirmed the money was coming from ADUG. Yet was that reply shown in the article? It wasn't that I can recall. And if it was, it certainly wasn't a smoking gun. Maybe his reply said something like "The money isn't coming from ADUG. It's coming from Etihad via the Executive Council so that's not our problem". Or something else that didn't incriminate us.

The fact they didn't print it suggests that not only did it really not help their case but possibly strengthened ours. So maybe that reply is part of our defence to this.

Edit: just seen Paladin's answer, which is somewhat less wordy than mine but says the same thing.

Wasn't Pearce's response, "We can do what we want"

I certainly recall words such as that being used, but can't recall the context or what it was attributed to?

I certainly recall words such as that being used, but can't recall the context or what it was attributed to?
That response was in answer to a diff question, something like "can we book this as received on such a date?". I don't know if we are accused formally of messing with timings.

The question that was the answer to was about whether we could amend the amounts payable under the sponsorship agreements. Without knowing the full story, if we agree a deal with a sponsor to pay us £100m over 10 years, it really doesn't matter if we get it as 10 x £10m annual payments or in other, irregular amounts, as long as we record it properly.

The question that was the answer to was about whether we could amend the amounts payable under the sponsorship agreements. Without knowing the full story, if we agree a deal with a sponsor to pay us £100m over 10 years, it really doesn't matter if we get it as 10 x £10m annual payments or in other, irregular amounts, as long as we record it properly.

Thanks mate. It certainly opens us up to more questioning, however?

If we are saying the EC have been forced to meet Etihad's shortfall obligations in part, it doesn't dovetail too well if it also demonstrates we can simply make a call for Etihad cash to be backdated or front loaded?

So are you saying it's legitimate to receive £10m from a sponsor, but if we're making a profit already and don't need the dosh that financial year, we could record it as £2m and record the balance of 8 the following year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.