Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Don't know if previously mentioned but Our trip to Madrid the last week in February was an absolute ball, although on my return I was very much under the weather with an horrendous cough and looking back possible covid symptoms. Wondered if any others had anything similar although at the time I just put it down to burning the candle.

Don't know if previously mentioned but Our trip to Madrid the last week in February was an absolute ball, although on my return I was very much under the weather with an horrendous cough and looking back possible covid symptoms. Wondered if any others had anything similar although at the time I just put it down to burning the candle.

Candle?

Sniff sniff.

It will be interesting to see how the Premier League referees deal with all the pushing, shoving and holding on the penalty areas. Will they be saying to the players to stop it, Knowing that what ever he tells the players they will not be listening to him.

The question that really needs answering is..

If the dippers would have won the game and they were odds on favourites to do just that, do you think the covid deaths would be being discussed in the media..?

They had all the statistics, weighed up all the risks, ignored them all and decided to go for a glorious night under the lights..

Their arrogance held no bounds as they thought they'd just turn up and win.. remember the sweaty sock gobbling it off after the first leg about getting them back to Anfield where AM would then shit themselves..

All calculated to allow the dippers to then bask in the plaudits that they took for granted that would be theirs..

Unfortunately, AM turned up and handed them their arse on a plate..

Cue, woah is me, shouldn't have taken place, should be played again, result should be expunged..!

Always the victims, never their fault..!

And don't forget Klipperty giving a verbal bollocking to a young fan for trying to give him a high five while going down the tunnel. Shows they were well aware of the situation.

Yeah, let's get football up and running again, players spitting/snotting on the pitch, the hustle and bustle of a corner, good meaty tackles.....yet I can't hug my daughter's or grandkids.....I know what I want more than anything else, and it ain't fucking football!!

I welcome the return of football because it marks the beginning of a return to normality, and ends with you hugging your family. It's a process that starts at A and ends at Z. No one will be happy until we get to Z, but you have to start somewhere. Covid is spreading in mines, and meat-processing plants, churches and mosques; anywhere where people congregate in enclosed space. Associated with Covid is an explicit risk profile. If you want to lift the lockdown, it makes sense to start with outdoor sport.

Bundesliga on BBC Breakfast and Silly Sally draws attention to goals being celebrated by the elbow to elbow touching telling us to 'get used to it'.
I watched again more closely and only see one elbow to elbow but also fist to elbow and the stupid "fist bumps' that preceded the pandemic. Silly Sally ace sports reporter spots this and hesitantly adds fists bump to the elbow touching and still tells us to get used to it.
Like fuck. It all seems contrived. But if players can stop the hugs kisses and other foreplay why do they have to touch at all? Perhaps if they turn their heads away they will be ok.
Watching the clip on rugby training the players exhale so explosively even tackling dummies its going to be a long time before that gets going again but they are not rushing.

As the restart gets closer I just dont see how it can be classed as the premier league 2019/20 any more.

No fans, No VAR, 5 subs, shorter halves, 4 month rest, subs sitting 2 metres apart, all staff in masks until they come onto the pitch. Are there rules within football to say the rules can be changed after 75% of the season has been played ?

Yeah I had the same, I went Wembley a few days after coming back. When do you start getting ill? Mine was exactly a week since going to Madrid but the bulk of the COVID symptoms I had happened in 1/2 days (Shivers, sore throat, headache, hot flushes) but the bad cough continue on for about a week and a half, during which I couldn't even run for more that 10 seconds when I tried to run or go football training yet every other cold I have had has been fine.

It might just be a coincidence but I'm slightly convinced I had a small part of it especially going to two hotspots in quick succession.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.