UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told by a source that football journalists at both The Guardian and The Telegraph got memos telling them what position to take on Project Restart. It's not therefore beyond the bounds of possibility that Conn took one line then was told to do a volte face.

The Guardian is the first UK national paper that I can find anything by McGeehan and Conn was the first one to quote McGeehan linking the UAE, human rights and us. Here's some interesting stuff on McGeehan, that questions just how even-handed he is when it comes to his views on the UAE and Qatar, both of which he was supposed to be monitoring for Human Rights Watch.

https://blinkeredcrackpots.wordpress.com/2020/05/17/the-man-behind-the-men-behind-manchester-city/
A good rundown, thanks for posting.
Incidently, in order to justify the words "the men behind manchester city" (because nobody featured as a torturer had anything to do with City) Mc Geehan had to pretend that Mansour did not own the club, but was a stooge, a front for others.
He has changed his position several times: once admitting that UAE did not own City but had a major influence, later reverting to the government ownership claim.

We won't as it's not a public hearing. Can you imagine it though ? It would be a three day match-day thread where it veers from one extreme to the other. Wonder how many times Lord Pannick would be called a ****.
FFS, Pannick.
Oops, just seen I was beaten to it!

I was told by a source that football journalists at both The Guardian and The Telegraph got memos telling them what position to take on Project Restart. It's not therefore beyond the bounds of possibility that Conn took one line then was told to do a volte face.

The Guardian is the first UK national paper that I can find anything by McGeehan and Conn was the first one to quote McGeehan linking the UAE, human rights and us. Here's some interesting stuff on McGeehan, that questions just how even-handed he is when it comes to his views on the UAE and Qatar, both of which he was supposed to be monitoring for Human Rights Watch.

https://blinkeredcrackpots.wordpress.com/2020/05/17/the-man-behind-the-men-behind-manchester-city/

Illuminating indeed, an excellent read. I don't know about 2 horses and 1 bum, more like, more faces than big ben.

Will any journos be allowed to be 'in' the courtroom?
Just wondering when it starts, will we have any sort of updates from as to how it's going
They should live stream it to the Etihad. There'd be no empty seats and no fucker leaving early to miss the traffic for that one.

If it happens That club officials do indeed attend the hearing, will khaldoon be one? I assume this is of the upmost importance regarding the club and he would want to be there?

They should live stream it to the Etihad. There'd be no empty seats for that and no fucker leaving early to miss the traffic for that one.
Lord Pannick and his team take to the stage to the strains of 'Blue Moon', the sky blue flags are waving, the sun is shining, and we are all set for a game billed as
'the existential play off'.
Manchester City taking on UEFA? You're having a laugh.

This confirms my belief that UEFA is at least in danger of getting involved in international affairs, if it isn't already, through the determination of certain clubs to put and end to competition from City. The claim is that UAE are using City for the purpose of "sportswashing" and I'll leave individuals to make their own minds up on that, but it is clear that Qatar are using football as part of campaign in pursuit of interests in the Gulf and beyond. and its a campaign that has many heads. Clearly a number of journalists have agreed to toe the Qatari line, as the article shows. The other sinister aspect of the article cited above is that these hacks have received information leaked from the IC, and this strongly suggests links between members of the "fully independent" process and Qatari mouth pieces. Throw into the mix the presence of al kalaifi on UEFA's executive council and we have an alarming web of anti-City agents, of which UEFA is a central part. When one considers the "friends" of Sheikh Mansour and UAE and one takes into account the fact that Qatar's purposes go way beyond football, UEFA is getting involved in matters which could well lead to ruin and prison. If Ceferin has a whiff of this no wonder he wanted to do a deal with us and if City have one iota of evidence of this no wonder we sent him packing. My "narrative" is based on purely circumstantial evidence, but if City can establish any link between Qatar, the Der Spigel reports, the IC leaks and the stolen emails then Ceferin had better get ready to swing an axe. UEFA could be in it well over its head.

If it happens That club officials do indeed attend the hearing, will khaldoon be one? I assume this is of the upmost importance regarding the club and he would want to be there?
I’m sure he’d be available but the legal teams will be very well briefed with all the available evidence and more than capable of dealing with everything.Doubt he’d sit through the whole thing.

Can’t speak for the first two but I recall when the Der Spiegel articles were first published Conn was on record as saying he didn’t think the allegations were a big deal. Since then he’s gone full circle and decided to go all in on us which totally contradicts his original stance.
They are all the same will print anything as it is better than printing nothing.
Especially as it would appear the club have allowed them to do so unimpeached!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.