Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
because the market has changed and in recent years (since those sighings) we dont seem to have been that shrewd tbh

Positives
Laporte - will turn out to be a bargain.
Brnardo Silva - worth every penny and more

to be seen
Rodri - probably worth what we paid but not a bargain

Not worth it"
Danillo - I thought he was decent but obviously didnt want to be here
Mahrez - Dont believe he will be worth the money
Cancello - not expensive but doesnt seem to have been worth it and wants to leave
Mendy - absolutely not worth the money we paid for him
Angelino - playing wise not worth it but will make us money I suppose

Ive not included Scott Carson - as complete unknown and hasnt cost us anything

Who are the other recent signings? I cant think of any others that have been signed in the same time frame
I agree with Mahrez, I think that was a poor signing in hindsight but I was excited at the time and could completely understand why we signed him. The others I disagree; Danilo, Mendy and Cancelo are all very capable players but due to injuries and Walker's defensive consistency we've not got the best out of those individuals. That said without Danilo and Cancelo, I don't think Walker would have performed so well, the competition within the squad has really helped him.

Angelino is a brilliant player, he was well worth the small gamble because in possession he's a perfect fullback for us, he's just lacking experience and maturity defensively and I think that will come but I don't think he'll want to wait for his chance here and I wouldn't blame him.

There's absolutely still bargains to be had, it's just being patient and getting the right players.

I agree with Mahrez, I think that was a poor signing in hindsight but I was excited at the time and could completely understand why we signed him. The others I disagree; Danilo, Mendy and Cancelo are all very capable players but due to injuries and Walker's defensive consistency we've not got the best out of those individuals. That said without Danilo and Cancelo, I don't think Walker would have performed so well, the competition within the squad has really helped him.

Angelino is a brilliant player, he was well worth the small gamble because in possession he's a perfect fullback for us, he's just lacking experience and maturity defensively and I think that will come but I don't think he'll want to wait for his chance here and I wouldn't blame him.

There's absolutely still bargains to be had, it's just being patient and getting the right players.

i agree on Danillo as i said but he obvisouly wasnt bothered about staying

Cancello - again it hard to tel as he has had little game time but something cant be right if Pep hasnt given him that - Walker as been good consistently but Pep would rotate due to fitness concerns/to rest walker and he rarely has. - this would suggest taht there is something in training that Pep isnt liking/confident about - plus the stories (and they maybe just that of course) that he wants to move on..... so on the field he could be worth it but at the moment he hasnt been anywhere near it.

Mendy - in all honesty i think he is one of the worst defensive left backs Ive seen - I didnt rate Kolorov defensively but he was better than Mendy in that dept

Angelino - think you are right but as a transfer it still hasnt worked out on the field

the fact that there is a debate about it suggests that they havent been great signings.

No one for instance woudl debate whether Laporte or b. Silva have beeen decent signings (even in the first season when Bernardo wasnt getting in the team regularly - you could still see his worth and class)

i agree on Danillo as i said but he obvisouly wasnt bothered about staying

Cancello - again it hard to tel as he has had little game time but something cant be right if Pep hasnt given him that - Walker as been good consistently but Pep would rotate due to fitness concerns/to rest walker and he rarely has. - this would suggest taht there is something in training that Pep isnt liking/confident about - plus the stories (and they maybe just that of course) that he wants to move on..... so on the field he could be worth it but at the moment he hasnt been anywhere near it.

Mendy - in all honesty i think he is one of the worst defensive left backs Ive seen - I didnt rate Kolorov defensively but he was better than Mendy in that dept

Angelino - think you are right but as a transfer it still hasnt worked out on the field

the fact that there is a debate about it suggests that they havent been great signings.

No one for instance woudl debate whether Laporte or b. Silva have beeen decent signings (even in the first season when Bernardo wasnt getting in the team regularly - you could still see his worth and class)
Oh absolutely they're all debatable, I'm sure you'd get someone on here you would replace Laporte and Bernardo with some third rate nobody because they want a shiny new toy.

I think they've all been decent signings, you can never forsee the injuries Mendy has had this last few years which I think he'll struggle to recover from fully. Mendy has definitely shown he can defend and defend well, his problem is consistency and that's probably down to a lack of sustained game time due to the injuries. I personally think he's carrying too much weight, in the Micah rather than Toure way, if he slimmed down a bit the agility and pace would come back and he'd suffer less muscle injuries.

Cancelo and Danilo have absolutely done their jobs, they've pushed Walker to playing at his best and he's done enough to keep them out of the team. That to me represents success, although others would argue otherwise.

Angelino hasn't quite worked on the pitch but the signing was a no brainer, zero risk because we were always guaranteed to get our money back (serious injuries permitting) even if he didn't make it, so again I think it represents success. It's like the Gabriel Jesus signing, some will argue he's not Aguero and they would be right but he's a superb player in his own right who has forced Aguero into upping his game which again has improved us dramatically. The only other I can think of off the top of my head is Ederson who was a bargain of epic proportions in my opinion, there's just no other keeper like him.

I think the injuries to Mendy are a bit of a distraction from the truth. He was certainly better at attacking before he got injured (he is just poor at that now as well) but defensively even before his injuries he was suspect - his original injury happened cause he gave the ball away in a dangerous areas (around the half way line) and he was trying to recover iirc. His tackling is weak (esp for such a big lad) and he is weak in the air. The injuries do look to have not helped (he has lost a yard of pace) but this is even more reason to replace him. He just aint that good.

Danillo I absoltely agree on - he looked half decent and was reliable - Im not sure why we exchanged him (Im guessing there was a good reason) .
Its impossible to judge Cancello really as he has had no consistent game time but that must be down to something that Pep is seeing in training that means he aint saitisfied enough to play him and IF the rumours are true and he is going this summer then that would add even more weight to it. Maybe Cancello doesnt want to be here and thats it - but thats still a failing in the transfer.

Angilino was a failure as far as the football side went - financially it will be a success

I think the injuries to Mendy are a bit of a distraction from the truth. He was certainly better at attacking before he got injured (he is just poor at that now as well) but defensively even before his injuries he was suspect - his original injury happened cause he gave the ball away in a dangerous areas (around the half way line) and he was trying to recover iirc. His tackling is weak (esp for such a big lad) and he is weak in the air. The injuries do look to have not helped (he has lost a yard of pace) but this is even more reason to replace him. He just aint that good.

Danilo I absolutely agree on - he looked half decent and was reliable - Im not sure why we exchanged him (Im guessing there was a good reason) .
Its impossible to judge Cancello really as he has had no consistent game time but that must be down to something that Pep is seeing in training that means he ain't saitisfied enough to play him and IF the rumours are true and he is going this summer then that would add even more weight to it. Maybe Cancello doesnt want to be here and thats it - but thats still a failing in the transfer.

Angilino was a failure as far as the football side went - financially it will be a success

I again come back to the scouting part as well as the temperament part when it comes to new signings.
1. We have to throw some exorbitant money on a player in the current market to get the desired result. Exhibit A : Van Dijk
Not all players can be bargains
2. If we are not going the Galactico way then the other players around our expensive signings should be unearthed gems or bargains or academy. Exhibit A : Matip Gomez Robertson and TAA
I am taking all Liverpool examples as they are our competition now.
Let's talk about United as the way to splash money. They are as stupid as one get in the transfer window but they did pretty good with AWB Maguire and now Fernandez

Wd don't have to throw money at our problems but some players require a record breaking deal. And if we don't wanna do that lets make our scouts earn their money by getting us some players on bargains. This Cancelo-Danilo-Walker-Mendy-Stones scenario is pretty alarming with some 200 mils of investment and except walker no one else could cement their spot in the team.

Hopefully we do better this transfer window.

I again come back to the scouting part as well as the temperament part when it comes to new signings.
1. We have to throw some exorbitant money on a player in the current market to get the desired result. Exhibit A : Van Dijk
Not all players can be bargains
2. If we are not going the Galactico way then the other players around our expensive signings should be unearthed gems or bargains or academy. Exhibit A : Matip Gomez Robertson and TAA
I am taking all Liverpool examples as they are our competition now.
Let's talk about United as the way to splash money. They are as stupid as one get in the transfer window but they did pretty good with AWB Maguire and now Fernandez

Wd don't have to throw money at our problems but some players require a record breaking deal. And if we don't wanna do that lets make our scouts earn their money by getting us some players on bargains. This Cancelo-Danilo-Walker-Mendy-Stones scenario is pretty alarming with some 200 mils of investment and except walker no one else could cement their spot in the team.

Hopefully we do better this transfer window.

I dont disagree with you

However we did well with Laporte as he is a bargain
Walker has proved his worth and more

Completely agree on the Cancello - Danillo part - very odd

Mendy for me is not good enough (plenty on here disagree however )- regardless of his injuries he is just poor defensively in my opinion) - trouble is we are stuck with a player now who everyone knows has serious injury issues. Selling him would have to be at a loss

Stones - just dont know with him -we do however need another centre half as Otto should have left 2 years ago imho - just not good enough again

Rodrigo is class and so underrated on this forum absolute immense talent.

I dont disagree with you

However we did well with Laporte as he is a bargain
Walker has proved his worth and more

Completely agree on the Cancello - Danillo part - very odd

Mendy for me is not good enough (plenty on here disagree however )- regardless of his injuries he is just poor defensively in my opinion) - trouble is we are stuck with a player now who everyone knows has serious injury issues. Selling him would have to be at a loss

Stones - just dont know with him -we do however need another centre half as Otto should have left 2 years ago imho - just not good enough again

Fair enough.
Coming back to Haaland we need a superstar winger and striker in the ilk of Sane and Aguero. I am a big fan of jesus but we would need another striker when aguero eventually moves. There are only few known players which can replace these two (Sane/Aguero).
Haaland and Sancho - Will be an excellent move but will cost a bomb.
Dembele from Barcelona - Injury prone and a bit temperamental but an excellent player when fit and can do an amazing job with Pep.
Rest are all 18/19 year old youngsters and i want our scouting network to find such a player so that we don't have to pay a bomb to Dortmund.
but Haaland is a no brainer next season.

I really like Son Heung-min but dealing with both Levy and Mourinho is such a pain so lets' see.
I really want us to pooch atleast one of Dortmund's young team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.