UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No not a peep on human rights, the line was we have money but we can’t create a team that would challenge the rags. Once that advantage was eroded away it was how empty our stadium was even though we get something like the 13th average highest gates in Europe. Then when Guardiola hitched his horse to the City wagon and won the premier league twice they had nothing but to go with the sports washing narrative.

Why don’t they give Sheffield United shit for their Saudi owners or Leicester with their Thai owners? Why because they ain’t a threat to the American owned red history boys.

How dare anyone challenge the monopoly they created with the unfairly carved up TV deal and the 4 champions league spots that they occupied for numerous years where no other team could get a sniff at top level European football.
That article suggests it started in 2013, which is the time when relations between Qatar and its Gulf neighbours started to sour. You simply can't ignore the apparent coincidence of the timing, particularly when his most outspoken attack on us came when those relations took a significant turn for the worse in 2017.

That article suggests it started in 2013, which is the time when relations between Qatar and its Gulf neighbours started to sour. You simply can't ignore the apparent coincidence of the timing, particularly when his most outspoken attack on us came when those relations took a significant turn for the worse in 2017.

Qatar

hqdefault.jpg

No not a peep on human rights, the line was we have money but we can’t create a team that would challenge the rags. Once that advantage was eroded away it was how empty our stadium was even though we get something like the 13th average highest gates in Europe. Then when Guardiola hitched his horse to the City wagon and won the premier league twice they had nothing but to go with the sports washing narrative.

Why don’t they give Sheffield United shit for their Saudi owners or Leicester with their Thai owners? Why because they ain’t a threat to the American owned red history boys.

How dare anyone challenge the monopoly they created with the unfairly carved up TV deal and the 4 champions league spots that they occupied for numerous years where no other team could get a sniff at top level European football.

In the early days much of the attack on City was directed from OT and was concerned with the moral purity of the teams GPC had built either without spending a penny or at least spending their own money. This all went hand in hand with questions about why Sheikh Mansour wanted to buy a useless football club when he could have given the money to the hospital building programme. Gradually the attack matured into a crusade that insisted that spending the owner's money on players was wrong and football's moral compass clearly pointed in the direction showing that leveraged takeovers and high ticket prices were the only ways to preserve football's age of innocency. Only with the involvement of the Qataris has European club football risked taking the leap into becoming an element in a geopolitical intrigue.

Agreeing with the other posts on here.
Don’t think the phrase ‘Sportswashing’ even existed when we were first taken over did it?

Yeah, I don’t think he’s as clever as he thinks - he’s by no means the worst but I think he tries to wing it at times. There was an excellent post by @petrusha a while back about Conn being a bit of a Conn job.

I'm not sure I'd suggest it's worth doing so, but if anyone wants to search for Conn in posts made by me, I'm sure they'll find my assessment. They might find one or two down the years, actually.

Basically, I find my objections to Conn falling into two categories. The first is that he's held up by most of the football press pack as some kind of expert when it comes to football finance and the business side of the game. In fact, and I flatter myself that I'm not in a bad position to judge this, he knows more than most of the hacks but only in an, "In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king!" kind of way.

The second is that, over many years, there's no one out there more driven by his own personal agenda in his coverage than him. He likes to portray himself as the self-appointed conscience of the game, which led him to come up with a vapid and unconvincing idea of fan ownership as the answer to all of modern football's ills. This has led him to pen all kinds of nonsense down the years, not least his sycophantic idiocy about FC United.

I'm not sure I'd suggest it's worth doing so, but if anyone wants to search for Conn in posts made by me, I'm sure they'll find my assessment. They might find one or two down the years, actually.

Basically, I find my objections to Conn falling into two categories. The first is that he's held up by most of the football press pack as some kind of expert when it comes to football finance and the business side of the game. In fact, and I flatter myself that I'm not in a bad position to judge this, he knows more than most of the hacks but only in an, "In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king!" kind of way.

The second is that, over many years, there's no one out there more driven by his own personal agenda in his coverage than him. He likes to portray himself as the self-appointed conscience of the game, which led him to come up with a vapid and unconvincing idea of fan ownership as the answer to all of modern football's ills. This has led him to pen all kinds of nonsense down the years, not least his sycophantic idiocy about FC United.

Funnily enough his sycophancy over FC United turned to silence once everything started going tits up there !

This confirms my belief that UEFA is at least in danger of getting involved in international affairs, if it isn't already, through the determination of certain clubs to put and end to competition from City. The claim is that UAE are using City for the purpose of "sportswashing" and I'll leave individuals to make their own minds up on that, but it is clear that Qatar are using football as part of campaign in pursuit of interests in the Gulf and beyond. and its a campaign that has many heads. Clearly a number of journalists have agreed to toe the Qatari line, as the article shows. The other sinister aspect of the article cited above is that these hacks have received information leaked from the IC, and this strongly suggests links between members of the "fully independent" process and Qatari mouth pieces. Throw into the mix the presence of al kalaifi on UEFA's executive council and we have an alarming web of anti-City agents, of which UEFA is a central part. When one considers the "friends" of Sheikh Mansour and UAE and one takes into account the fact that Qatar's purposes go way beyond football, UEFA is getting involved in matters which could well lead to ruin and prison. If Ceferin has a whiff of this no wonder he wanted to do a deal with us and if City have one iota of evidence of this no wonder we sent him packing. My "narrative" is based on purely circumstantial evidence, but if City can establish any link between Qatar, the Der Spigel reports, the IC leaks and the stolen emails then Ceferin had better get ready to swing an axe. UEFA could be in it well over its head.

An article on Qatar related to your multiple heads theory. Very long but very detailed. https://investigativejournal.org/qatars-hack-of-our-democracies/

Funnily enough his sycophancy over FC United turned to silence once everything started going tits up there !
Yes. Largely because it was his mate that sent it tits up. Lost a lot of respect for him after that. Lost any that remained after his flip flop over our case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.