Sunday Supplement cancelled from 2020/21 season

Blimey that's a bit one sided. I only searched for man city sunday supplement on YouTube n this was the first few they threw up.
At least they're all consistent.

z0c9b1p.jpg

Nobody came in my house
Watching means I can't be worried?
i have posted all the rules the fa proposed,turning their heads is one
Footballers have never stopped paying tax the rest of the staff are being paid and paying tax
It is immoral to test 1000 a week every week when carers can't get tested
There is always an under current to your posts

What do you mean by under current, can you explain.

Barber shops and hair dressers, too - all with special rules to minimize the danger

Why do they need special rule when football is a contact sport?

The rules in barber shops and hair dressers are mainly about the numbers of costumers, desinfection, wearing masks, airing the rooms as best as possible.

Actually the contact between a hair dresser and a barber with their customer - in closed rooms often badly aired, breathing the same air in near proximity for some minutes - is far more intensive than that between footballers who might be shortly in more intensive body contact with other players but in open air.

Masks that barbers have to wear might minimize the risk a little - but as the contact is so close that is not by much. The usual community masks do not filter the viruses - they might hold it in smaller distance or reduce the virus load by a little.

And yes - that you have a somewhat closed group of tested people in contact with each other - helps a lot, too.

Germany has the capacity to test about 1 million people per week - right now we only use a third of that. The argument with the tests is somehow strange because of that - more tests are not made because of various reasons - one is the factor of "who pays testing". I think their is already some preventative testing of doctors, nurses and nursing home staff (never enough...) going on. The discussion about the testing was lead the same way here, too. But that is more a moral question - like the ones about "special treatment" of the rich footballers, they can play football but the kids aren't allowed to...

Football is a business - and entertainment. Not a hobby. Everything has to go on again. Yes, in this situation the rules for a lot things have to be adapted to try to reduce the risks and the spread - but nonetheless it has to go on.

how much evidence is there to suggest that morale would be improved by the return of football?

AFAIK there is none. It may be right, but as a statement of fact it’s got no evidence base whatsoever. Like much of sports journalists’ content, it’s completely made up.

I read an article some time ago where 100,000 people were asked if it would boost their morale (think in Germany) if football returned. It was something like an 86% swing for the answer of no.

Quite sure i have read that the virus tests are only 70% accurate , which makes a mockery of the figures the Premier league are issuing to the media , and when group training returns does this mean any more positive tests will mean the whole squad will have to self isolate ? If the game restarts at the end of June i can envisage a lot of issues ,fixtures failing to be being completed and the strength of the teams on the pitch . With no supporters and the potential of top players like Kante missing , and severely depleted squads , due to the inevitable strains and injuries i believe the remainder of the seasons fixtures will become a bit of an anti-climax and bearing no resemblance to August 2019.

On the bright side we can look forward to stuffing Real Madrid and Newcastle in the cups and smashing the Rags in the semi-final or final , we always beat the vermin when there is something of importance at stake , the days of bragging rights are becoming less relevant, we can just show the Rags our trophy cabinet.

Quite sure i have read that the virus tests are only 70% accurate...
Indeed, so a 2nd test needs to be done, which itself would only be 70% accurate, so you'd have to test again, and again, and again... until you reach a high enough confidence level in the results (hard when it's only 70% accurate)

If you just go with relying on the one-off 70% accurate antigen test to seperate those who have it with those that haven't, then you're playing with a significant number of potential carriers who will be missed.

Until the test gets up to the high 90's% (cf Pregnancy test is 99+%), then for the wider population it's not really attempting to mitigate risk, just risk perception - hence why people are breaking lockdown willy-nilly.

A better test would be for the anti-bodies.. but the data on how long the anti-bodies survive and whether it copes with any virus mutation, is too little at the moment (ironically it's possible that the people who have had it, need to be the ones continually being tested in lockdown (along with essential people), to see how their anti-bodies are doing over time ...).

Anyway.. thats for another thread.

Indeed, so a 2nd test needs to be done, which itself would only be 70% accurate, so you'd have to test again, and again, and again... until you reach a high enough confidence level in the results (hard when it's only 70% accurate)

If you just go with relying on the one-off 70% accurate antigen test to seperate those who have it with those that haven't, then you're playing with a significant number of potential carriers who will be missed.

Until the test gets up to the high 90's% (cf Pregnancy test is 99+%), then for the wider population it's not really attempting to mitigate risk, just risk perception - hence why people are breaking lockdown willy-nilly.

A better test would be for the anti-bodies.. but the data on how long the anti-bodies survive and whether it copes with any virus mutation, is too little at the moment (ironically it's possible that the people who have had it, need to be the ones continually being tested in lockdown (along with essential people), to see how their anti-bodies are doing over time ...).

Anyway.. thats for another thread.

Agree , it also appears the anti-body tests are hit and miss , we just do not have enough answers or info regarding this virus , my routine will not change , my wife is high risk so i will restrict my contact to the oustside world to essential shopping and daily exercise , which mainly entails walking a daft labrador
What i do expect is a 2nd spike , especially on Murkyside in the next couple of months , Liverpool Council and Merseyside Police are deluded if they dont think the Desperate 30 Year Dippers will not congregate in their thousands , its gonna be carnage :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.