Leon bailey

birchwoodgingerste

Being linked today with him in the press to replace leroy sane.Bailey is a 22 year old jamaican international who players for bayern leverkussen and can operate on either left wing or right wing.Very tricky winger with plenty of pace interesting one.

We were linked with him heavily when Pep first arrived, but ultimately went for Sane instead. Thought his form had been inconsistent since then?

I agree we need pace though, we have plenty of players happy to cut inside or slide through a pass, what we need up front is raw pace and a direct approach, something Sane has given us whenever he's been available.

Lazy journalism, nothing more. The guy can't get into Leverkusen's starting 11 this year ahead of M. Diaby and Bellarabi.

The only 'pure' pacy winger City have been consistently linked with this season is Ferran Torres, but all top clubs will be after him I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Not sure about this at all. Was a hot prospect a few years ago but really hasn’t pushed on. Can’t see this one happening at all. If we have been scouting Leverkusen, I doubt it’s him we have been watching.

Not sure about this at all. Was a hot prospect a few years ago but really hasn’t pushed on. Can’t see this one happening at all. If we have been scouting Leverkusen, I doubt it’s him we have been watching.
Diaby or Havertz I assume. Can see us make a surprise move for Tah if Pep fancies his chances of getting out his undoubted potential

Nowhere near productive enough, but if he could be convinced to make the transition would make a good attacking leftback.

If you look at the player Sterling is now to the player we bought from Liverpool, it's chalk and cheese. He's gone from a very raw, immature, tactically inept winger who didn't know when to pass, dribble, shoot or run and grown into a very assured, technically confident and tactically astute winger who knows where and when to run, when to pass, when to attack the fullback and when to hold his position to create space.

If and that's a big IF Pep can work his magic on Bailey in the same way he has done with Sterling, Sane, Coman etc. then why not. I personally think there's better options right now but what I want from a winger and what Pep wants might be two completely different things and who am I to argue with the man.

Leverkusen have some "almost there" players. If city want cheap backup players with potential to become 1st teamers/world class, then we could do a lot worse than tah & bailey. They are raw but could be tremendous gems with peps coaching.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.