Message from Pep

Yeah losing your mum is a life changing event and the instinct to hunker down with loved ones may be overwhelming especially with the uncertainty surrounding football’s short term future.

I’d hate to see him soldiering on with the media hounds circling if he shows signs of distress.
While I am sympathetic to your sentiment, the death of our parents is something we all have to face.
Having said that, if Pep wants to step back for a while, we should repay his brilliance for us by supporting him.

Sorry, people lose loved ones all the time yet still go back to work.
I understand people deal with grief differently and you can't judge people the same but why is losing your mother any different to losing your father; ages of , relationships we are not aware of all effect how people deal with these emotions .
Apologies but I just think people are trying to guess too much and read things into the situation.
This is a out of the ordinary situation,he has to be worrying if his wife and kids are going to catch it and die,he himself could catch it and die,that will be going on in his head i am sure,you don't normally lose a parent and have to go back to a contact sport wearing a mask and gloves so you don't get what killed his mum, i am trying to say is that is not what normally happen and I bet he wishes he could be isolating with his family and not walking into a unsafe working enviroment

Part of me now thinks pep just go home and be with your loved ones. Fuck football off and look after yourself. Football doesn’t matter atm. The bloke is obviously suffering and I’m not selfish enough to want him to stay at city just because he’s the best. Project re start can fuck right off

How did you figure out how much he’s suffering from a 2 min interview behind a mask?

This is a out of the ordinary situation,he has to be worrying if his wife and kids are going to catch it and die,he himself could catch it and die,that will be going on in his head i am sure,you don't normally lose a parent and have to go back to a contact sport wearing a mask and gloves so you don't get what killed his mum, i am trying to say is that is not what normally happen and I bet he wishes he could be isolating with his family and not walking into a unsafe working enviroment
He may be thinking all that as are many people starting to go back to work that have lost elderly parents. He may not be thinking any of that as are many people that are going back to work and have lost parents. Many people going back to far more hazardous situations where their colleagues won’t be tested twice a week and isolated if positive.
Either way watching an interview from behind a mask for 2 minutes doesn’t tell us what Peps mind set is, everyone is just guessing and projecting how they would feel themselves.

What a bunch of bleeding heart morbid fucks!

Pep’s a grown man and his old mum has died. He’s had quite a while to be with loved ones and do what he needed to do, and now it’s time to get back to work.

I doubt he or anyone in his immediate family have the co-morbidities that appear to magnify the severity of this virus, and none of them are in the “target age range,” so what’s the big problem?

All of this...Oh, poor Pep. He should go home and grieve into his pillow full of Euros is a joke, right?

I’m not even passing judgement on whether there should or should not be games, just commenting on the pity and woe party that’s broken out here for a grown man who has lost his very old Mother.

Pep: "We follow the rules & protocol, we have to."
Are you listening Dominic Cummings? He could have taken a private jet to be at his mother's funeral, but guess what? He stayed in Manchester following the government advice. And he ends that piece by reinforcing the stay at home advice. He gets a virtual hug from me for sure.

What a bunch of bleeding heart morbid fucks!

Pep’s a grown man and his old mum has died. He’s had quite a while to be with loved ones and do what he needed to do, and now it’s time to get back to work.

I doubt he or anyone in his immediate family have the co-morbidities that appear to magnify the severity of this virus, and none of them are in the “target age range,” so what’s the big problem?

All of this...Oh, poor Pep. He should go home and grieve into his pillow full of Euros is a joke, right?

I’m not even passing judgement on whether there should or should not be games, just commenting on the pity and woe party that’s broken out here for a grown man who has lost his very old Mother.

Bet your fun at parties.

Bet your fun at parties.
You’ll never know! But, definitely more fun than those crying crocodile tears into their cornflakes for someone they have never met and know nothing about. What’s THAT about?!

Grief is private. Loss of a family member is private. All this “Oh, I feel so sorry for him!” is PC bullshit! We all lose family members and it is bad for everyone. And the world keeps turning...it is part of the life cycle of humans. Just because he is a good football coach doesn’t make his grief and loss and bigger or more, or smaller or less, than ANYONE else’s...but I’d venture he has a bigger support group than most, and the resources to get and do whatever he needs for himself and his family. Good for him.

I hope he recovers from the loss like everyone else in the world has to, but seriously, the whole “he should just go home and forget about football” claptrap is ridiculous! The man has a job...do it or retire, but don’t lets all mope around about it, ffs!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.