UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not repentance, it's his hypocritical stance about a situation that doesn't affect his running of one of those parasite clubs that he alluded to anymore.
Lets be fair its only like a lawyer or barrister skewing evidence to suit their current case client.
City are paying our top man in Court a reported 25k a day to ensure our case gets explained in a legally (UEFA legal that is) way probably to prevent UEFA using him to their advantage.
Our friend W. is now on a different "case" so chooses his words to maximise his current objectives, which may actually be contrary to his personal feelings.

Guess who this is?
I am in favour of opening things up to more investment, which FFP does not allow for,’ he told L’Equipe. ‘The clubs that dominate Europe today are those that were built and made investments during an era when FFP did not exist. FFP prevents emerging clubs who want to invest from doing so. That is not normal.

‘These rules have fixed a hierarchy, the big historical clubs are bigger and bigger and, obviously, they are all fighting for FFP to be scrupulously applied to others so that competitors can’t come through.
‘Controlling club management rigorously, yes, verifying where funds are coming from, yes, but we need to encourage people to invest in football. FFP must become more flexible and facilitate investment. We must control clubs in their way of doing things but not tell them how to do it. If the club believes that it is not taking any risks with its balance by buying a player for £150million, what is the problem?’

I’d love to see one of these shithouse journalists do their job for once and ask Wenger why he has done a full 180 and feels this is now acceptable when for years he criticised City so much, going as far as to coin the phrase “financial doping” in relation to us in particular. I’ve no issue with him wanting to protect Arsenal’s interests at the time and having a bit of a moan when we started signing his players but to use such inflammatory language was nothing short of disgraceful. Not to mention blatantly hypocritical as he managed the very definition of a “financially doped” club in Monaco long before City came to the party, plus of course there was the Danny Fiszman investment in Arsenal which Wenger was a beneficiary of in his early years as manager there.

However, something else has been bugging me for a while regarding this. I find it astonishing how he was allowed to continue those attacks on our club when you consider who Arsenal’s main sponsor is and their close links to our owner. I’d have thought that at some point Emirates would’ve had a word with the Arsenal board and told them to tell Wenger to stop biting the hand that feeds him, stop being a sanctimonious ****, and to wind his fucking neck in.

I’d love to see one of these shithouse journalists do their job for once and ask Wenger why he has done a full 180 and feels this is now acceptable when for years he criticised City so much, going as far as to coin the phrase “financial doping” in relation to us in particular. I’ve no issue with him wanting to protect Arsenal’s interests at the time and having a bit of a moan when we started signing his players but to use such inflammatory language was nothing short of disgraceful. Not to mention blatantly hypocritical as he managed the very definition of a “financially doped” club in Monaco long before City came to the party, plus of course there was the Danny Fiszman investment in Arsenal which Wenger was a beneficiary of in his early years as manager there.

However, something else has been bugging me for a while regarding this. I find it astonishing how he was allowed to continue those attacks on our club when you consider who Arsenal’s main sponsor is and their close links to our owner. I’d have thought that at some point Emirates would’ve had a word with the Arsenal board and told them to tell Wenger to stop biting the hand that feeds him, stop being a sanctimonious ****, and to wind his fucking neck in.
Wenger will say anything if the money is right. He is Mr self-interest and always has been.

In other matters I am still baffled as to why the press in this country seem unwilling or unable to systematically analyse FFP and it's rules and regulations to a degree where they can adequately and fairly comment on the stich up we have had to endure from UEFA.

Fucking shills and click mongers the lot of them without an ounce of integrity.

You don’t sound baffled to me. I think you have worked it out just fine.

Would you say that change was due to personal financial need forced upon him by those he is employed by eg Sam Lee and Athletic?
There again Martin S. at DM goes against the grain despite anti City culture with his employers.
I've said before that The Guardian seems to be acting under instructions. But I don't think it's the case with FCUM. They do seem very keen to take the Human Rights Watch/MGeehan line on the UAE however and that's a line that's looking increasingly compromised as they seem to take a very different attitude to Qatari human rights infractions, which are every bit as bad as the UAE's.

Lets be fair its only like a lawyer or barrister skewing evidence to suit their current case client.
City are paying our top man in Court a reported 25k a day to ensure our case gets explained in a legally (UEFA legal that is) way probably to prevent UEFA using him to their advantage.
Our friend W. is now on a different "case" so chooses his words to maximise his current objectives, which may actually be contrary to his personal feelings.
I don't believe that for one moment. He was ready to see us stitched up, even though it now seems obvious he knew all along the harm ffp has caused in its present form. He's is not to be trusted in any way, shape or form and I find it impossible to believe companies in the high street could act in the same way in a bid to destroy a rival, no matter how their lawyers and barristers skew it.

I don't believe that for one moment. He was ready to see us stitched up, even though it now seems obvious he knew all along the harm ffp has caused in its present form. He's is not to be trusted in any way, shape or form and I find it impossible to believe companies in the high street could act in the same way in a bid to destroy a rival, no matter how their lawyers and barristers skew it.
Maybe not Companies in the High St, but in another sector it happened before... https://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/2003/sep/14/features.magazine87
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4699582.stm

Last edited:

Agree with all that. It applies to Arsenal post-Wenger as well with Arsenal apparently one of the drivers behind the Premier League 8 seeking to ensure our ban is not suspended.

The Emirates pump in so much money into European football with their other sponsorships as well - Real Madrid, AC Milan, Benfica etc. So many conflicting interests!

Meanwhile, whilst the relationship between Dubai and Abu Dhabi is not always a bed of roses, it's reported yet again Abu Dhabi supporting Dubai through the corona crisis. Mubadala involved as well.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-e...ugh-state-fund-mubadala-sources-idUKKBN22R1UR

As an aside, I wonder where Nissan are on all this? One of UEFA's main champions league sponsors and one of City's main sponsors as well.

Wenger's Arsenal paymasters were part of the US-owned, G-14 cartel, who don't want us gatecrashing their cosy little party.

Whereas FIFA and the UEFA secretariat seem to be much more neutral if not more on our side.

Wenger's Arsenal paymasters were part of the US-owned, G-14 cartel, who don't want us gatecrashing their cosy little party.

Whereas FIFA and the UEFA secretariat seem to be much more neutral if not more on our side.

The US business model generally is built on debt driven acquisition. I see it in the industry I sell into as the large US owned groups have huge debt whereas the European ones generally have little or no debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.