Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Do we know who is picking up the tab for all the additional safety measures, testing etc as that may have been a consideration by FA to only select men's team
I would guess that the league doesn't make enough money to warrant the additional costs but then cannot be a factor in the HR rights of employees being treat as equals.

In my industry I could not say 'men make more money than women and therefore I am using gender as a criteria for furlough/redundancy'. Thats discrimination every day of the week.
I would guess they are run as separate businesses which would enable them to say that the whole industry is furlough and remove the barrier of discrimination but it just feels very selective of the FA. If its good enough for the goose and all that.

This is the thing. Mariappa tested negative one day, and positive a few days later.

If they were back in full training he would have had potentially 3-4 days of full contact training where he could have infected any number of teammates/staff.
It will take a player to end up in a serious condition / die before the FA and clubs will actually care unfortunately.

I would guess that the league doesn't make enough money to warrant the additional costs but then cannot be a factor in the HR rights of employees being treat as equals.

In my industry I could not say 'men make more money than women and therefore I am using gender as a criteria for furlough/redundancy'. Thats discrimination every day of the week.
I would guess they are run as separate businesses which would enable them to say that the whole industry is furlough and remove the barrier of discrimination but it just feels very selective of the FA. If its good enough for the goose and all that.
I agree with you, just thinking it may have been a factor considered by FA

More than likely as a guess. It would be that they don't want to risk their health, and risk them not being able to have children, later on should they wish it.

So integrity of the game doesn't extend to the women's top league, huh? It's almost as if the use of the word 'integrity' is a complete lie. The FA have over ruling control over both the Premier league and the WSL, they are a silent partner in PL but have a special clause to over rule if required. They should be called out on their bullshit, it's not about the spirit of the game it's about who has the most money and who will make them the most money.

Former Reading and Fulham striker Pavel Pogrebnyak is in hospital with double pneumonia after contracting coronavirus.

The 36-year-old, who spent three years in English football between 2012 and 2015, has the disease, along with his wife and three children.

The Cheltenham Festival and Liverpool's final pre-lockdown match against Atletico Madrid in the Champions League contributed to an increase in coronavirus deaths in the UK, a scientist has said.Professor Tim Spector, from King's College London, said the two events - held from 16 to 19 March and on 11 March respectively - had "caused increased suffering and death that wouldn't otherwise have occurred"

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...drid-led-to-spike-in-covid-19-deaths-11994875

The Cheltenham Festival and Liverpool's final pre-lockdown match against Atletico Madrid in the Champions League contributed to an increase in coronavirus deaths in the UK, a scientist has said.Professor Tim Spector, from King's College London, said the two events - held from 16 to 19 March and on 11 March respectively - had "caused increased suffering and death that wouldn't otherwise have occurred"

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...drid-led-to-spike-in-covid-19-deaths-11994875
Im afraid we could all see that coming except those who govern the country

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.