COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been 18 days since VE day now. Have we seen any notable rises since then? Just curious.

Weekly deaths updated.

avarage-Deaths-Week20.png

As Claytop points out here, the previous week had under reporting so that will have been rounded into the following week.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/covid-19-—-coronavirus.344314/page-4422#post-12678554

Last edited:

For me, we should’ve stopped crowds going to sporting events sooner and I think both were bad decisions but I don’t think there was anything particularly sinister in letting those events go ahead. Cheltenham started on the Tuesday and the Liverpool game was the same night but we need to remember that just 2 days earlier we played a derby at Old Trafford and there was never any suggestion that that game should be called off. Also, our game at home to Arsenal the night after the Liverpool v Atletico game would’ve been played if some Arsenal players hadn’t been in contact with a virus carrier. It was during that week that things seemed to move very fast for me - from attending the derby match (my third game in 7 days after Wembley and Hillsborough) on the Sunday and the virus being a talking point but by no means the main topic of conversation, the whole thing escalated like fuck over the next few days and by the end of that week when I finished work on the Friday, I went home and pretty much battened down the hatches for the weekend.

Last edited:
For me, we should’ve stopped crowds going to spirting events sooner and I think both were bad decisions but I don’t think there was anything particularly sinister in letting those events go ahead. Cheltenham started on the Tuesday and the Liverpool game was the same night but we need to remember that just 2 days earlier we played a derby at Old Trafford and there was never any suggestion that that game should be called off. Also, our game at home to Arsenal the night after the Liverpool v Atletico game would’ve been played if some Arsenal players hadn’t been in contact with a virus carrier. It was during that week that things seemed to move very fast for me - from attending the derby match (my third game in 7 days after Wembley and Hillsborough) on the Sunday and the virus being a talking point but by no means the main topic of conversation, the whole thing escalated like fuck over the next few days and by the end of that week when I finished work on the Friday, I went home and pretty much battened down the hatches for the weekend.

I agree Simon but I would have kept going to games (like many other Blues) until the matches were called off so I feel a bit hypocritical expecting the Govt or the Prem to Cancel football for me. That said, they are positions of power to make the tougher decisions.

It's been 18 days since VE day now. Have we seen any notable rises since then? Just curious.

im not convinced this is VE day.

18 days since VE day.

going by averages.

5 days for average incubation + its week 2 normally for hospitalisation so that's 12 days.

For me, we should’ve stopped crowds going to spirting events sooner and I think both were bad decisions but I don’t think there was anything particularly sinister in letting those events go ahead. Cheltenham started on the Tuesday and the Liverpool game was the same night but we need to remember that just 2 days earlier we played a derby at Old Trafford and there was never any suggestion that that game should be called off. Also, our game at home to Arsenal the night after the Liverpool v Atletico game would’ve been played if some Arsenal players hadn’t been in contact with a virus carrier. It was during that week that things seemed to move very fast for me - from attending the derby match (my third game in 7 days after Wembley and Hillsborough) on the Sunday and the virus being a talking point but by no means the main topic of conversation, the whole thing escalated like fuck over the next few days and by the end of that week when I finished work on the Friday, I went home and pretty much battened down the hatches for the weekend.

The government were too slow. The Cup final should have been postponed, it was clear what was coming but the government was like a rabbitt caught in headlines, and the footballing powers wanted desperately to grab a few more quid while they still could get away with it.

Brazil confirmed cases 375,000 ..... population 210m ..... 1 in 500 people have it

Ireland, just as an example, confirmed cases 25,000 .... population 5m ........ 1 in 200 people have it

ergo there's more chance of a visitor from Ireland having the virus assuming the same number of people arrive from each country

half a dozen flights are arriving from Dublin into the UK tomorrow

is that stupid too ?
Your logic is flawed, Ireland is around 4 or 5 weeks ahead of Brazil in the first wave so the majority of their 25,000 cases will have either died or recovered and no longer be infectious. Brazil on the other hand is at or near the peak of the first wave and a higher proportion of their 375,000 will still be infectious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.