Is lockdown showing signs of breaking down ?

Think making the transition from weeks of isolation to venturing outdoors again can be highly traumatic for people. Not sure if enough guidance has been given in that respect. For those who have been consistently out throughout it generally goes unnoticed, but those have been indoors for a long time and who are susceptible will see heightened danger everywhere, which in itself is unhealthy. It's important to get outside in these months, not only for the natural benefits of being outdoors but also for reducing such psychological impact.
That's quite right I had a friend (and it was a friend) who'd done 6 months in prison. I went to pick him up and he was shitting it on the way home at a service station with people all around him, took him a good few weeks to be calm outside.

Think making the transition from weeks of isolation to venturing outdoors again can be highly traumatic for people. Not sure if enough guidance has been given in that respect. For those who have been consistently out throughout it generally goes unnoticed, but those have been indoors for a long time and who are susceptible will see heightened danger everywhere, which in itself is unhealthy. It's important to get outside in these months, not only for the natural benefits of being outdoors but also for reducing such psychological impact.
We have a garden thankfully and she has been for a walk around our area but no further than half a mile and it’s quiet but go down the road and it’s a different ball game, the lockdown wasn’t for our benefit it was the NHS, if it could cope they wouldn’t have had lockdown, they want us to get it that’s why herd immunity was touted.

Lockdown died a number of weeks ago, the only thing that’s different now to January is that the shops and pubs aren’t open, but everyone’s out and about, mingling and chatting. Shops have no rules anymore, yes you queue to get in but once in everyone is up and down the isles, getting close etc. The lockdown now is a charade.

my neighbours having kids over, every few days nan/grandads, bbq's etc - i don't even care anymore

We have a garden thankfully and she has been for a walk around our area but no further than half a mile and it’s quiet but go down the road and it’s a different ball game, the lockdown wasn’t for our benefit it was the NHS, if it could cope they wouldn’t have had lockdown, they want us to get it that’s why herd immunity was touted.

Good that you have a garden. Only problem with the tranquility found in such places is that it appears to intensify the sounds and disorientation when we're forced back into the herd, if you will.

In the Netherlands, it's surprising how quickly life has returned to a degree of normality, but with so many people and so little space, it has called for even greater levels of tolerance from everyone. Thankfully, good weather has prevailed for a number of weeks and people already look as if the've spent the summer lolling on the Mediterranean beaches. That should boost the immune systems for if we're all forced indoors again in November, it could be a terribly long winter.

Its effectively over for England as of the 15th June by the looks of it.

Huge mistake as a second wave is about to hit because of it.

We are now pretty much out of lockdown, it's just most shops are shut until mid-June. Seemed to be high footfall in Didsbury yesterday when I drove through. Perhaps the weather was just a driver behind this.

I think going forward working from home will now be a norm in many companies. WFH was a taboo at my place until lockdown was implemented, only certain people would get away with WFH and was frowned upon if any others would WFH. There were usual assumptions of people doing FA when they are at home. I think companies have since realised it's actually a good approach and have learnt to trust employees more (although trust is broken not earned). It will allow companies to reduce overheads by slimming down on office space. I'm sure they will have no choice but to offer WFH as they will need to adopt social distancing for the foreseeable.

Reactions: ell
The lockdown here in leafy South Midlands suburbia has held up well but is effectively over now. House opposite, who seem to have adhered up to now, had a BBQ in their front garden yesterday evening with about 10 people. The GP next door had three tradesmen in the house last Thursday (presumably not in the biblical sense) and her daughter visited yesterday and stayed all day. Plenty of teenagers getting picked up in cars by their mates. My wife is back in school full time from Monday so there doesn’t seem much point in getting hysterical because somebody encroaches on our 2 metres.

Its effectively over for England as of the 15th June by the looks of it.

Huge mistake as a second wave is about to hit because of it.

Is that a prediction based on anything or just a hunch?

Korea seems to have been the country that looked to have a second wave, though both times the epicenters were similar: enclosed spaces with tight concentrations of people (church/nightclub). My fear would be that the UK now enters a phony period, gets complacent, and then allows the pubs to reopen, after which we see a series of random ripples around the country that form into a second wave. Hope I'm wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.