Mancini or Pep era?

It’s like Schumacher vs Senna. One is technically near perfect the other more about passion. Peps football is a thinking mans game like chess and the beauty can be admired with the right mindset but to some a lot of it can be quite boring. I found the fallings out and deficiencies under Mancini far more interesting. Barcelona under Pep was the same it could get pretty dull watching it after a while. A genius geek versus a passionate loon.

Plenty of money, great manager you kind of expect Pep to do very well almost a hiding to nothing really. The treble and 100 points get fuck all credit in the scheme of things. The Mancini era was far more interesting and being the time when we made it helps. Toure in his prime and annoying, Tevez and Balotelli was a blast in fairness. As others have posted Pep doesn’t really have much of a relationship with the fans.

Bobby wore our scarf, he had our passion and he took us from 5th to champions in 3 years. As much as we were a soap opera off the pitch at least we were class on it. 4 world class strikers and tall ones who could head the ball too. David and Sami is their prime was a pleasure to watch, Micah tearing down the wing with pace and strength and Nigel de Jong with his crazy tackles an enforcer that you don’t get nowadays. Pep by far is the better manager but he doesn’t get our hate of the rags and sets teams out to fear the rags instead of smash them. He started it all and Manuel and Pep have made us better but that team from 2011-2012 was really special. It was nice not being expected to win and being the underdogs and everyone wanted us to win the league.

Bobby era

Everything starts with that first building block,that first climb up the first rung

Winning the fa cup

Sorting out those rags ,getting past them was difficult,we had so many years getting battered by them ,we had to grow up fast as a club

Bobby ripped down the banner

Humiliated pisscan with his worst ever defeat

The agony we had then of dreading derbies,the run up to to the April one i nearly had a heart attack!

We scared them into the April derby 2012,he never set up his team's to just get a point but he was bricking it

Vinny headed it in,bobby took on pisscan and he nearly keeled over in shock that someone stood up to him and beat him

Agueroooooool sealed it,ripped their heart out

Where we are now is brilliant but I would chose the fights and experiencing the firsts in the beginning everytime
Not forgetting that Roberto brought Dave, Yaya and Sergio to the club, 3 absolute world superstars. I am saying this in praise of what Roberto achieved, not in any way being detrimental to Pep. As the poster above said, I think Bobby got us as fans more than a Pep does, although to be fair to Pep I think our noise has diminished over the last few years

For me, comparing Mancini with Pep, is like trying to compare Colin Bell with KDB, in their time they were (are) unbelievable and brought different but no less wonderful things to the City table,it would be too difficult to separate them.

Both these eras will stand out for me until my forum name comes into effect..!

I dont think any manager will get is like booby manc.
And equally I dont think we will have the passion towards a manager like him again.
As much as I love pep

Bobby for me all day long. Last game at Palace Cheesy came up to me for his i-phone analyst pod cast and spoke about the tactics and skills of our game... This was palace away where you watch the game through the smallest of letterbox views. You don't go to away games to savour the skills, you go in the hope of seeing a good game, possibly win but most of all savour the atmosphere. Bobby brought back pride to the blue half and ripped down that banner whilst delivering enjoyable football and great away days. Pep will win us more but he wont have the same link with the fans unfortunately

Pep wouldn’t have developed the Kompany and Zabaleta Mancini inherited - he’d have just bought replacements. I have a feeling John Stones’ under Roberto would have become the complete defender, rather than the regressed £50m flop he is today.

Mancini took over a club in a much stronger league - the United dynasty were still getting to European Cup finals, Chelsea were in the best ever era with genuine world class talent like Terry, Lampard, Cech, Cole, Deogba etc; Arsenal has Fabregas, Van Persie......even Tottenham had Van Der Vaart, Modric, Bale. It was a genuinely elite league, and he conquered it.

Pep came here on the back of Leicester winning it, then a relatively poor Chelsea team that broke the points record for a season, and has now been eclipsed by a dubious Liverpool team that was on course to accrue a points total that exceeds those set by us and Chelsea, with a first 11 that would have gotten anhialated by their 2008 team of Mascherano, Xabi Alonso, Gerrard, peak Torres that never won a trophy due to the strength of the competition.

If more points have been acquired by a raft of mediocre teams around our title wins, it ultimately exposes a collective lack of quality in the league, and puts Pep’s achievements into perspective - especially when you factor in the unprecedented depth of quality he’s been able to stockpile.

I was never a big Pellegrini fan, but when you look at his record of 1 title in 3 compared to Pep’s 2 in 4, with significantly worse players, thene even he deserves more respect; would Guardiola have done more with Navas, Fernando, Javi Garcia, Mangala, Negredo etc? I’m not sure.

Mancini redefined the club, and his victories felt like achievements, whereas Pep’s were inevitabilities due to the circumstances.

Bobby era, then the Eriksson season for me - in terms of synchronicity with the club, the characters on the pitch, and most enjoyable match-going experiences.

That’s some take you’ve got going there.

Then to top it off, Sven??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.