Will City win the league next season?

I think next season will be a huge test of Pep. My own view is if you are to have a chance your defence needs sorted. I was reading up here that when VVD was with us, you were looking at him but decided not to put a bid in. Even though you have spent more on one defender than we have our team, to me, it's not fit for purpose and hasn't been for a few years.

So, yes if you fix the defence and no if you don't.
I think we’ll be about 12 points behind Liverpool.

Our last title win in 2018-19 was the last for a few years in my opinion.

Our left back can’t stay fit, Laporte has no CB partner, Fernandinho and DSilva have gone from our midfield, Sané likely leaving, Agüero soon to be leaving, Sterling stinking the place out last year.

I think we need to make a few signings before we win the title again. And maybe even some shock transfers out n’all.

Pretty much the entire Liverpool team is under 30 and most in their prime years (26-29). We only have de Bruyne, Walker and Mahrez who are 26-29.

I think that makes a huge difference to a team.

But I don’t know what you’re on about with our defence not being fit for purpose for a few years. We’ve won 8 trophies in the last three seasons with one of the best goals conceded and goals conceded per minute records in Europe.

It’s only been this season with Kompany retiring one year ago and Laporte, who looks like he could be the best defender in the world in the next five years, being injured most of this season that we’ve looked a bit makeshift at the back.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the situation with the CL ban?

Have City appealed? I think my answer depends on the outcome of the appeal. If City have no European football, I think you'll stroll to the title easily. If the ban is overturned, then it's less clear cut, but it's still dependant on the transfer business City and others around them can complete.

What's the situation with the CL ban?

Have City appealed? I think my answer depends on the outcome of the appeal. If City have no European football, I think you'll stroll to the title easily. If the ban is overturned, then it's less clear cut, but it's still dependant on the transfer business City and others around them can complete.
Our hearing with the Court of Arbitration for Sport is on 8th-10th June.

Bookies are making us 2nd favourites for next season at 5/4 , but after Klippety has smashed his players legs in for two consecutive seasons there is probably going to be a drop in intensity , which is the whole basis of their game , but its looking like a two horse race again . The Rags for all their unfounded optimism are still a million miles away.
If the unthinkable happens in June and CAS uphold the euro ban then this will only improve our chances and i cans see the odds falling considerably, so it might be a good time to lump on at 5/4.

Nope. Liverpool will be helped to number 20 and then the season after will be the almightiest Irish/Norwegian powerwank, as the two greatest clubs in English football fight it out for number 21.
Said the same the other day. The powers that be will want to ensure that the dippers will an uninterrupted title.

Our hearing with the Court of Arbitration for Sport is on 8th-10th June.

Forgive me, but I sort of want the ban to be upheld. Not out of any ill wish on City. I just want City to have an un-distracted, week long rests between games shot at the title next season. I don't think my stomach can take another 12 month long Liverpool wankfest.

Whoever can generate the most global income / interest will win the League next season. The integrity of the game we grew up with is right down the shitter and liable to stay there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.