Step daughters

You dont have to take her phone away. Just dont pay next months installment. 15 minutes without social media and she will be begging you!
The things to do is be consistent. Always try and have the mum there when dishing out decisions so she can see that her mum is backing you up. Talk with the mum first before decisions are taken so an agreement is made. If she sees a crack between you she will tear it wide apart.
Good luck!

To echo other posters:
What does her mum do to help you out with laying ground rules?
If you don't back each other up completely (even if at that instant either of you disagree with what's being said by the other - you deal with that between yourselves afterwards and agree on how to proceed if it occurs again), then you've got no chance.
Once either of you have said some rule, then that's it, fixed in stone, no wheedling and backslding by the other.
Same as with getting command of a toddler - consistency.
But you've got to discuss this with her mum, and agree what to do, you can't do it by yourself.

Regarding kids phone, you need to take control (if possible) of the wifi router (google for help - though if you've got Virgin the parental controls are a nightmare/crap), to limit access to her phone (and other electronica, she must have a pc/laptop presumably with 3 horses...), and/or change her mobile phone's data usage to 0GB, so it only works as an old style phone outside the house - but again you need to discuss with her mum, and back each other up on implementing whatever you decide.

Got 2 .. 1 is working away from home we went thru our issues but it's ok now ish... .. the other 15 yo .. OMG dont know how to deal with it.... she is threatening to tape everything we fall out about. Call the police if I try to get the phone I pay for from her . Demanding .. doesnt go to school demands stuff... she has 3 horses... I think she is s spoilt bugger .. but keen to hear comments .. amd ... NO PICS...
Henry Winter says Only 3 horses

Got 2 .. 1 is working away from home we went thru our issues but it's ok now ish... .. the other 15 yo .. OMG dont know how to deal with it.... she is threatening to tape everything we fall out about. Call the police if I try to get the phone I pay for from her . Demanding .. doesnt go to school demands stuff... she has 3 horses... I think she is s spoilt bugger .. but keen to hear comments .. amd ... NO PICS...
Do you ever have one of those chats at the kitchen table, no tele or radio on in the background, you, the wife and the kid?

Lay the ground rules out in those chats. Tell them they have to listen and it’s not a time for her to be talking back.

Had a few of those with my Mam+Dad when I was a kid. Think it really works.

If she refuses the chat or ignores what you say, tell her to go ahead and record away from then on. Encourage it.

Just make sure you never try and get the phone off her, never swear, never be aggressive; anytime you have to speak to her just be calm, brief and to the point.

Maybe say if she doesn’t go to school she has to pay for the fine with the money you pay for the phone, so you cancel the contract.

Sell the horses n’all.

My step daughter has a horse. When I pick her up from the stables there are lots of young ladies frollicking around in skin tight jodhpurs and knee length boots

Doesn’t have to be step daughters pal it’s TEENAGERS in general mine is 16 in 2 weeks had some rough times, she once threatened to phone child line I said is there a parent line. By the way wouldn’t swap her for anything love her all the world and back, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t felt like killing her at times:)

Cancel her phone and don't speak to her, ever again..! I guarantee she will crack before you do...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.