COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't like the idea of immunity passports which will allow those who have had the virus to enjoy freedoms such as going on holiday sooner than those who haven't come in to contact with the virus. Although it has been suggested immunity could only last 6 months.

I get that it's probably the only way to control spread going forward but he concept will put those who have actually observed lockdown / social distancing rules at a disadvantage, whilst those (excluding key workers) who have been careless can enjoy such liberties sooner. What a load of B*ll*cks!
There won't be immunity passports for a long time,if ever

did some digging to get quotes.

https://www.time24.news/2020/05/a/w...-be-second-major-wave-of-new-coronavirus.html

basically saying that due to being prepared we can stop it returning for a major 2nd wave.

however its unclear ( from this source ) if she is talking globally or just in Spain. Not sure how it can apply to 2nd/3rd world countries that dont have the ability to contain it. I guess there is just sweeps through.
Thanks,second major wave,because we are prepared now ,not no wave,that guy really gets on my nerves

Todays figures are out:
More than 37,000 people have now died across the UK after testing positive for coronavirus, according to the Government's figures.

The Department for Health said 37,048 people had died in hospitals, care homes and the wider community after testing positive for coronavirus in the UK as of 5pm on Monday, up by 134 from the day before.

In the 24-hour period up to 9am on Tuesday, 109,979 tests were carried out or dispatched, with 2,004 positive results.

That was an increase from just under 74,000 yesterday, which Downing Street said was down to a technical problem with one of the labs involved.

Anyone got a link to her comments in English or is he reaching again?

Over time, a major outbreak of coronavirus becomes a remote possibility. This is stated on Monday in statements to RAC-1 by the director of Public Health of the World Health Organization (WHO), María Neira.

"There are many models that advance with a high probability. They speak from a punctual regrowth to a major wave, but this last possibility is increasingly being ruled out. We are much better prepared in all areas," says the Spanish.

Although seroprevalence studies undertaken in different countries, including Spain, have shown that the levels of contagion have not been sufficient to create group immunity that reduces the transmission capacity of the virus in a hypothetical second wave, Neira states that "we have lowered so much the transmission rate that the virus will have a hard time surviving. " "We must be very careful to say whether this is the end of the wave, but the data at least shows us that transmission and the explosion of the first weeks have been avoided," he adds.

Caution

Does this have something to do with the heat? Although it has been said that high temperatures limit the propagation capacity of the pathogen, Neira does not see a decisive factor there, at least with what is known so far: "There are certain doubts about the relationship of the virus with climatology (... ) It is making the geographical journey that is expected of a virus that wants to survive. "

Despite everything, the doctor warns that it is still essential to maintain "great caution" in the de-escalation, a "critical" phase. Otherwise, the good omens of the WHO run the risk of being reversed. "The immunity figures are very low, you have to be very vigilant," he says. Lastly, ask the population not to be paranoid and learn "to live with infectious diseases". Regarding Spain, he believes that lack of confinement will be "a day-to-day battle" and that its results will not be known in epidemiological terms for "two or three weeks".

No factoring in of the T cell theory either (which could be doubly positive).

I thought humanly was on the cusp of major biomedical break throughs this year (and it's a huge industry). Research into stem cell therapies are big these days...yet here we all are humbled by nature once again (when I say humbled I mean fucked).

Is this not just down to it being a beach resort and tourists though

I read on Twitter (I know) that this hospital is small and has sometimes been full, and patients sent elsewhere, before Covid. Obviously, I cannot verify. The people making these points did not appear to be govt or far right bots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.