Mancini or Pep era?

mancini_2035028c.jpg

Only this - purely on an emotional basis.

Of course we play better football, are more successful and have a better manager with Pep.

Purely on footballing reasons, there's no debate is there ? But for me, Bobby just "got" the fans more, he seemed to have a better understanding of what was important to us, it's what I feel anyway.

Possibly,

Still believe a lot of what Pep say's is down to lack of understanding within our language/being a yes man for the club when conducting himself with the media.

Possibly,

Still believe a lot of what Pep say's is down to lack of understanding within our language/being a yes man for the club when conducting himself with the media.

When he came out with his comments about attendances etc recently, I don’t think that was a lack of understanding, not on a language front anyway, could never see Mancini coming out with stuff like that ?

Mancini understood the emotion of the game and what the rivalries meant, the passion, the desire to turn over one team more than another, and he broke the dam on 44 years of hurt with some ridiculous football and victories that will define the Sheikh Mansour takeover.

Pep is a savant. He is Rainman. For me, as I’ve said repeatedly, he is on the spectrum. He sees things in a different way. He believes he has insights that no-one else has and he has, LITERALLY, changed a game that has been played for over a century by redefining what a team is, and how it functions as a unit. He has dominated in the three best leagues in world football, and everyone appears to think the only challenges left for him are to win a CL with us, then Serie A/CL with Juve, and to win the World Cup with a country that is not Spain (Brazil? Argentina?). Not bad for a guy who is still very young in the game!

Bobby and Pep are like my children...different ages, different people, but I love them both very much, just in different ways.

Bobby changed who Manchester City were to the entire world. Pep has refined that beginning into the best footballing team I have ever seen play in City blue, while breaking records and breaking the hearts and spines of some of our greatest rivals. Bobby did it with a cobbled together group of individual superstars, while Pep has done it by using the most expensive and talented jigsaw pieces in world football, because his vision requires very specific jigsaw pieces that have to fit the box lid exactly...which is why he keeps spending so much on full backs. He’s trying to find the exact two or three he needs, because the rest of the jigsaw puzzle is pretty much complete.

Personally, I’d like to see if Pep can take City forward, building out the squad, and creating a team with players from the Academy. It is time to blood Garcia, HB, Doyle, Braaf regularly, while cementing Foden in the midfield role rotation. We have been playing the Pep way at Academy level for years now, so let’s see what he have, even if it takes a season to blood them, especially if it is going to be a season where CL football is not going to be available the following season.

Pep may have the ability to develop a team with such a low average age as to make it dominant for the next decade, with only a sprinkle of outside jigsaw pieces required.

In the end, Bobby Manc has given me the greatest joys, bar one, I have ever experienced at a Manchester City game or as a fan, and he has done it four times:

United FA Cup semi-final at Wembley
Stoke City Final a few weeks later
6-1 at the Swamp, which was the defining game (and the goal difference) that led to...
Agueeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrooooooooooo

The other one was the Gillingham Play Off Final...from low to high and that entire trip was mental!

Mancini understood the emotion of the game and what the rivalries meant, the passion, the desire to turn over one team more than another, and he broke the dam on 44 years of hurt with some ridiculous football and victories that will define the Sheikh Mansour takeover.

Pep is a savant. He is Rainman. For me, as I’ve said repeatedly, he is on the spectrum. He sees things in a different way. He believes he has insights that no-one else has and he has, LITERALLY, changed a game that has been played for over a century by redefining what a team is, and how it functions as a unit. He has dominated in the three best leagues in world football, and everyone appears to think the only challenges left for him are to win a CL with us, then Serie A/CL with Juve, and to win the World Cup with a country that is not Spain (Brazil? Argentina?). Not bad for a guy who is still very young in the game!

Bobby and Pep are like my children...different ages, different people, but I love them both very much, just in different ways.

Bobby changed who Manchester City were to the entire world. Pep has refined that beginning into the best footballing team I have ever seen play in City blue, while breaking records and breaking the hearts and spines of some of our greatest rivals. Bobby did it with a cobbled together group of individual superstars, while Pep has done it by using the most expensive and talented jigsaw pieces in world football, because his vision requires very specific jigsaw pieces that have to fit the box lid exactly...which is why he keeps spending so much on full backs. He’s trying to find the exact two or three he needs, because the rest of the jigsaw puzzle is pretty much complete.

Personally, I’d like to see if Pep can take City forward, building out the squad, and creating a team with players from the Academy. It is time to blood Garcia, HB, Doyle, Braaf regularly, while cementing Foden in the midfield role rotation. We have been playing the Pep way at Academy level for years now, so let’s see what he have, even if it takes a season to blood them, especially if it is going to be a season where CL football is not going to be available the following season.

Pep may have the ability to develop a team with such a low average age as to make it dominant for the next decade, with only a sprinkle of outside jigsaw pieces required.

In the end, Bobby Manc has given me the greatest joys, bar one, I have ever experienced at a Manchester City game or as a fan, and he has done it four times:

United FA Cup semi-final at Wembley
Stoke City Final a few weeks later
6-1 at the Swamp, which was the defining game (and the goal difference) that led to...
Agueeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrooooooooooo

The other one was the Gillingham Play Off Final...from low to high and that entire trip was mental!
Great post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.