UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha - no thanks.

Be nice though, telling the likes of Arsenal and a few other clubs to find a new shirt sponsor in this climate.

I'm certainly not wedded to the Etihad Stadium.

If UAE Airways wants to sponsor our shirts and stadium for £100m a year, who would we be to argue!
We're getting a Chinese sponsor I'm hearing. Cloth processing and recycling company called Fu Kyu Rags.

Can’t speak for the first two but I recall when the Der Spiegel articles were first published Conn was on record as saying he didn’t think the allegations were a big deal. Since then he’s gone full circle and decided to go all in on us which totally contradicts his original stance.

But why not a big deal ?

Thanks for the reply but I'm not sure you have answered my question. In regards Abramovich's hypocrisy or otherwise I don't think that's relevant. My personal opinion is Chelsea were never more than an advised financial transaction that gave him something to do on a Saturday. He handed over control with instructions to make him money, hypocrisy doesn't come into it, its Bruce Buck making decisions he feels are best for Chelsea at any given time.

My original point was Abramovich turned massive losses into an interest free loans, FFP as is wouldn't allow him do that anymore, not if they wanted to compete in European competition anyway. Surely you can acknowledge that's a good thing? Your suggestion that everyone finds a Gibson or Mansour is miles off the mark, every con artist and crook that has brought clubs over the years have made the promises that the sun shines out of their arse. I could stay here typing dodgy owners until it gets dark, you would be scraping around the bottom of the barrels within 2 minutes trying to name ones that for your description.

On a side note Chelsea can't sell their ground, although they own it they don't own the turnstiles, a fan group owns them and has repeatedly refused to sell.

Abramovitch bought Chelsea and paid off their debts, which I believe amounted to about £90 million, though I certainly wouldn't guarantee this figure. Chelsea were certainly in a perilous position at the time of the takeover. Chelsea made quite spectacular losses as the new owner converted a very successful cup team into successive champions, European champions etc. No one can quibble with the onfield results Abramovitch brought but financially Chelsea are in a more perilous position than in 2003. The point I was really making is that FFP was supposed to improve the financial stability of clubs and Platini made great play of claiming that the sanctions inflicted on City were for the good of the club if Sheikh Mansour "walked away". Consider Chelsea's fate if Abramovitch walked away, what FFP will have done to help and whether the conversion of massive losses to interest free loans has achieved anything at all apart from fitting in with FFP. Abramovitch could have converted the loans into shares in the club.

Nor did I ever suggest everyone can find "a good owner" hanging around on every street corner, but I do make the point that regulation by football authorities will have no effect because they either reiterate what is already law or they conflict with it and will be overruled by the courts. I was arguing that the only improvement can come through improved financial management at club level and through investment. This will be difficult because we're finding now just how harsh economic conditions can be and businesses do go bust. Football has been a relatively successful exception when you consider clubs going bust but all cannot be profitable any more than they can be successful. Concentration on profit will destroy the ability to compete of some clubs, at least temporarily. And what we have are governing bodies pledged to blocking the one sure avenue to increased investment - by making it worthwhile. But the financial problems facing football are many and complex and they're not going to be solved by a clumsy set of half baked rulesor by owners who seek to turn theirclub into one of the biggest in the world while insuring themselves rather than the club against a real downturn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.