Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is gone, its only matter of time. Been pretty obvious since May 23, 2019 when all this started.

EDIT - Sane didnt even give his all at times well before this speculation. Never mind now!

For me this is very simple. you want to go? Just go then, tell the board and off you go. Stop dragging it out.
Nothing like re-writing history.

He is not a criminal or fraudster, he is a professional footballer with a year left on his contract. If Pep and the management team were content for him to play against Bayern or any other team, I expect he would give his very best. Should Merlin be kept away from the team also, he is leaving this year, I don't think so, same goes for Sergio, out of contract same time as Sane, should he be kept out because he hasn't signed an extension. Sane, unlike too many players, has kept a dignified silence about his future, nothing wrong with that, most employees do.

Pep when he first came I want to work with a squad of 16/18
Pep last year If a player wants to leave i will not stop them
Pep present i do not know what he wants
Merlin and Aguero are both have an agreement where they can leave at any time, you can choose what you think Pep will do, but come the transfer window Pep will be planning for life without Sane, and Sane will be in the hands of the business man.

I would be happy foe Sane to stay if Pep sees him as a regular starter, if not then let him go and buy a replacement who will be good enough and fit enough to start 80% of our games.
For me one of Peps biggest failings is his insistance on rotating players.
In my opinion we should have a core of 8 or 9 players who play whenever possible in the league and CL.

He is not a criminal or fraudster, he is a professional footballer with a year left on his contract. If Pep and the management team were content for him to play against Bayern or any other team, I expect he would give his very best. Should Merlin be kept away from the team also, he is leaving this year, I don't think so, same goes for Sergio, out of contract same time as Sane, should he be kept out because he hasn't signed an extension. Sane, unlike too many players, has kept a dignified silence about his future, nothing wrong with that, most employees do.

Are Silva and Aguero joining a team we could be playing in the Champions League in the next few weeks?

As for my original post, I stand by it. Why would we even take the chance at a conflict of interests for Sane playing against Bayern.

He has already been complicit with them for the last 16 months about joining them and costing his existing employers the best part of £70m.

As for a dignified silence? That's just laughable.

He's been silent for good reason, stringing City along for as long as it was convenient to allow his contract to elpase to a point where it became financial advantageous for both him and Bayern.

He has shown a massive amount of disrespect.

I don’t think you can compare Sané with Sergio and David, either on circumstances of potential exits or length of outstanding service.

If he impresses Pep in training and gets picked then fair enough, I’ll be delighted if he shows the desire to be a starter.

It’s up to Leroy what he decides, I think what’s been hard for those venting is how long this seems to have been up in the air. I think we will reach the end game whenever this summer’s transfer window opens.

I hope it gets resolved swiftly one way or another.

If he goes then it is a shame that his last 18 months have been a real let down between his form (Pep reluctant to use him) and his injury.

Given his tremendous talent and potential he will be a huge loss, and very difficult to replace without being a downgrade.

Are Silva and Aguero joining a team we could be playing in the Champions League in the next few weeks?

As for my original post, I stand by it. Why would we even take the chance at a conflict of interests for Sane playing against Bayern.

He has already been complicit with them for the last 16 months about joining them and costing his existing employers the best part of £70m.

As for a dignified silence? That's just laughable.

He's been silent for good reason, stringing City along for as long as it was convenient to allow his contract to elpase to a point where it became financial advantageous for both him and Bayern.

He has shown a massive amount of disrespect.
Are these your opinions or do you have inside information from Sane's management team or City's management team about his personal situation. As for City losing £70 million that is not a great deal of money considering he has been paid substantially less than if he had signed the original contract offer on the table.

70 million was a seasons income 10 years ago.
It's a great deal of money now or at any other time, supporters need to have a bit of perspective.
We are likely to drop 100 million on Sane alone due to the present situation, even we cannot afford to do that on a regular basis.
Next season it is likely that gate receipts will halve,TV sponsorship will be reduced, merchandise and hospitality cut drastically and other sponsorship cut back and the players and staff will still need paying.
Mark my words it will be a problem for every club.

Are these your opinions or do you have inside information from Sane's management team or City's management team about his personal situation. As for City losing £70 million that is not a great deal of money considering he has been paid substantially less than if he had signed the original contract offer on the table.

It doesn't even need to be inside information, the club is on record that a new deal was proposed 16 months ago, during that time Sane has changed agents three times and ceased even speaking to us since last summer about any possibility of reconsidering.

Respectfully, I don't quite understand your last point.

£70m is indeed a great deal of money and is the difference in what we have lost in terms of his market value since last year.

Next year we get nowt, simple economics.

Even accepting our new £150k a week offer at the time of presenting it, our outlay was £7.2m a year. He has deliberately forsaken the best part of £10m in wages to cost our club closer to £70m when this finally plays out.

It's okay though, he'll get at least that back in his pocket from Bayern in terms of his signing on fee, before an even bigger salary.

As for his dignified silence and stance, sometimes actions speak a thousand words.

His continual stalling of talks, his sacking of various agents and, most pertinently, his very public snubbing of City by refusing to use our recommended club surgeon.

I am a huge fan of Sane, always have been.

It will be a sad day for me when he leaves but leave fandom shit at the door.

We support the club, gave him a platform to perform for the best manager in the world, winning plenty trophies along the way.

There would be more respect from many for Leroy if had simply stated last year he wanted to go home and Bayern would be the natural choice for him.

Cynically, he wouldn't do that, for the reasons above, he needed to play his part in driving the price down.

We can't rely on him on the field because we can't trust him.

Professionalism doesn't come into it, he's shown a distinct lack of it on numerous occasions.

Hopefully he can put on a brave face when we beat those entitled Bayern bastards in the final.

That's if he can take his head out of his arse first.

It doesn't even need to be inside information, the club is on record that a new deal was proposed 16 months ago, during that time Sane has changed agents three times and ceased even speaking to us since last summer about any possibility of reconsidering.

Respectfully, I don't quite understand your last point.

£70m is indeed a great deal of money and is the difference in what we have lost in terms of his market value since last year.

Next year we get nowt, simple economics.

Even accepting our new £150k a week offer at the time of presenting it, our outlay was £7.2m a year. He has deliberately forsaken the best part of £10m in wages to cost our club closer to £70m when this finally plays out.

It's okay though, he'll get at least that back in his pocket from Bayern in terms of his signing on fee, before an even bigger salary.

As for his dignified silence and stance, sometimes actions speak a thousand words.

His continual stalling of talks, his sacking of various agents and, most pertinently, his very public snubbing of City by refusing to use our recommended club surgeon.

I am a huge fan of Sane, always have been.

It will be a sad day for me when he leaves but leave fandom shit at the door.

We support the club, gave him a platform to perform for the best manager in the world, winning plenty trophies along the way.

There would be more respect from many for Leroy if had simply stated last year he wanted to go home and Bayern would be the natural choice for him.

Cynically, he wouldn't do that, for the reasons above, he needed to play his part in driving the price down.

We can't rely on him on the field because we can't trust him.

Professionalism doesn't come into it, he's shown a distinct lack of it on numerous occasions.

Hopefully he can put on a brave face when we beat those entitled Bayern bastards in the final.

That's if he can take his head out of his arse first.

I think the only thing the club can be criticized for is playing Sane in a glorified friendly if a deal was close?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.