Message from Pep

He may be thinking all that as are many people starting to go back to work that have lost elderly parents. He may not be thinking any of that as are many people that are going back to work and have lost parents. Many people going back to far more hazardous situations where their colleagues won’t be tested twice a week and isolated if positive.
Either way watching an interview from behind a mask for 2 minutes doesn’t tell us what Peps mind set is, everyone is just guessing and projecting how they would feel themselves.
if you can't tell how down he was in that interview you haven't watched him much,yes people have lost loved ones and had to go back to work,to essential work,not a contact sport that is not essential

What a bunch of bleeding heart morbid fucks!

Pep’s a grown man and his old mum has died. He’s had quite a while to be with loved ones and do what he needed to do, and now it’s time to get back to work.

I doubt he or anyone in his immediate family have the co-morbidities that appear to magnify the severity of this virus, and none of them are in the “target age range,” so what’s the big problem?

All of this...Oh, poor Pep. He should go home and grieve into his pillow full of Euros is a joke, right?

I’m not even passing judgement on whether there should or should not be games, just commenting on the pity and woe party that’s broken out here for a grown man who has lost his very old Mother.
Oh she was old,that is ok then,it is called empathy

This is a out of the ordinary situation,he has to be worrying if his wife and kids are going to catch it and die,he himself could catch it and die,that will be going on in his head i am sure,you don't normally lose a parent and have to go back to a contact sport wearing a mask and gloves so you don't get what killed his mum, i am trying to say is that is not what normally happen and I bet he wishes he could be isolating with his family and not walking into a unsafe working enviroment

Valid point Karen but if Pep wasn’t ready I really think if he said that to the Club they would have given him additional compassionate leave.

If the league continues we would finish second whether you or I took charge so think he would have had the option to stay away.

Hopefully he is in a decent place mentally/emotionally and the Club will give him all the support he needs.

Oh she was old,that is ok then,it is called empathy
People die. It never feels OK, regardless of age. Why are you pouring out you personal empathy on here for someone you never knew, never will know and her son, whom you only know because you see him on Telly?

It’s nonsense. I’m all for expressing the usual “I hope he is doing well,” but the entire public how of “woe is me” is, as someone else said, public projection of “look at how empathetic I am. I just KNOW how he is feeling and I wish I could give him a hug.”

Seriously...

I wish him well, and no-one looks forward to the day their parents die, but as adults we come to accept it will happen, we grieve, we honor their memory and THEN we get in with our lives, taking with us the good memories and sentiments they instilled in us and keep their memory alive.

Public flaggelation has become sport. When did quiet dignity stop being preferred.

Last edited:
This is a out of the ordinary situation,he has to be worrying if his wife and kids are going to catch it and die,he himself could catch it and die,that will be going on in his head i am sure,you don't normally lose a parent and have to go back to a contact sport wearing a mask and gloves so you don't get what killed his mum, i am trying to say is that is not what normally happen and I bet he wishes he could be isolating with his family and not walking into a unsafe working enviroment
That’s all a little dramatic, don’t you think?!

And, if he feels it is an “unsafe working environment” then he has a choice....a choice most workers don’t have: work or be fired.

If only there was a way that the fans could show pep we support him & are thinking about him during this awful period!

That’s all a little dramatic, don’t you think?!

And, if he feels it is an “unsafe working environment” then he has a choice....a choice most workers don’t have: work or be fired.
Oh stop it,having empathy for people is perfectly normal,this is a unique situation for absolutely everybody who has lost relatives and wasn't allowed to hold them as they died ,everyone should really feel for everyone,i take it covid hasn't touched your life then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.