Message from Pep

if you can't tell how down he was in that interview you haven't watched him much,yes people have lost loved ones and had to go back to work,to essential work,not a contact sport that is not essential
Not just essential work, many of us are going back to our jobs in non essential sectors because we can't afford not to including many that have lost people a couple I know included.I haven’t lost anybody in this but have in the last 2 years and worked within days of it, most do. Sorry I haven’t watched him enough because no I can’t tell.

Wait until you see Klopp’s.

Found it.
08ac498ff407125df43f566cb5c02df0.jpg

I haven't stopped enjoying mine, I've had to adapt it sure, but I've done plenty of enjoyable things without thinking about football, it's actually quite refreshing to not be thinking about football imho.

I'm still working as I was, just from home, and I'm able to do so much more than if I had to be actually at work, my shift finishes and I'm home instantly, I don't have to get up 2 hours before work, sometimes at 5am, I don't to shave if I can't be arsed, I can even fart without someone getting offended.

Not listened to Pep yet, but I'm sure its the usual Pep, but right now I have no need for football, I'm too busy enjoying the mostly wonderful weather and the outdoors, which I'd normally have much less time for.

Finally, if football doesn't need it's fans, then I don't need it.

I hear you here.
You know, it's so easy to hunker down and feel it's wrong to enjoy yourself in the current upside down world but..... I'm working from home, so is my wife and my kids are home. It's been like this since early March and is it wrong to enjoy it?
I mean, I'm getting paid, there's not a whole lot of work to do and so as a family we're just enjoying the weather, going for walks, watching movies together, playing some video games and having bbq's.

I'm not very good at painting but it's been nice having my shirt off and painting the house. I suppose I see things differently because I've been so fortunate but this is a chance to hit the reset button and remember what's really important. Family, friends, time and being removed frol my usually stressful job.

I miss football but its nothing without the atmosphere. If it never came back I'd miss it but it wouldn't feel world ending. At one point I pretty much lived for it.

Oh stop it,having empathy for people is perfectly normal,this is a unique situation for absolutely everybody who has lost relatives and wasn't allowed to hold them as they died ,everyone should really feel for everyone,i take it covid hasn't touched your life then?
I could use a phrase you “liked” when used against me (“Ok, ps you sound like a first class ****”), but I’m not that kind of person.

As for COVID, you have no idea, and so would do well not to do any more spouting about stuff about which I you have no idea. Have YOU recently been in the E.R. (A&E, to you), with your fit as a fiddle 21 year old son, who had just came home from university, as he struggled for breath only to find he had COVID induced pneumonia? I have, and had to take 14 days off work to quarantine with him and my wife (who was in bed recovering from respiratory surgery).

So, please don’t spout about things you clearly know nothing about.

P.S. I’m sorry to hear you think I’m a first class ****. I’d always thought of you as better than that. My mistake.

P.P.S. My mother died of complications of diabetes and died in Tameside Hospital the night before she was to have her legs amputated and my father died of a heart attack in the night, brought on by COPD, so I wasn’t able to sit at their bedside, hold their hands, and say “Goodbye,” but life went on. I have memories, pictures, and their lifetime of influence on myself and my family to remember them by. They had a decent innings, albeit cut short by late life illness, but they were good people who are remembered fondly. THAT is what they were to me, and I don’t expect you to feel ANYTHING about them or me because of it. One great irony about life...no-one gets out alive!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.