Glyn Pardoe RIP

I understand from Glyns cousin (Ken Oakes,Alans brother) that Glyn passed away from a heart attack.
Many years ago now (20 ?) Glyn was rushed into hospital having "died" three times with the same problem.
Some wonderful tributes on here,thanks fellow Blues.

Not sure if many are aware but Glyn still attended games and sat under the big screen in the north-east corner of the Etihad. He really was as loyal as the most passionate supporter, a great and very brave player who later became a vital member of the backroom team for many years.

Thanks for everything Glyn Pardoe, a real gentlemen. RIP.

He had a good life doing what he most loved and was successful at it. When he finished playing, his work with the Youth Team carried on what he knew, and in later years he was honored & respected by the people to whom he'd given so much. There's not many can say that about their life. As this day has gone on I've felt sadder & sadder about his passing, partly because it reminds me of being far away from people who might be gone before the situation we're all in gets easier, and because i wonder whether the mess we're in will keep as many people from saying a proper farewell to him in Manchester as would like to. I also think of Glyn Pardoe starting to play for City at age 15, then giving his career to the club and staying humble & decent all the way - how different from many of the highly paid flashy "wunderkids" who believe their own hype that are in the game today. I'm sure young Tommy Doyle won't go down that road, he'll be more like Glyn, and I look forward to seeing him and Phil Foden carrying the FA Cup round a packed Wembley for the umpteenth time when they're both veterans sometime around 2033, Tommy looking up and saying "thanks grandad" (to both of them.)

Last edited:
My wife and I were there when he scored that cup winning goal.
A great player's career ruined by yet another rash rag tackle.
RIP Glyn - not too many of our greats from the Mercer/Alison days left unfortunately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.