COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's unbelievable what the right wing woke brigade use as fact and positivity.

Yes another magazine backed by right winged investors Jeremy Hosking, how impartial they are....

'Boris Johnson’s hero was not famous for “grandmother steps”, and it is clearer every day that (despite the polls) the lockdown is causing more harm than good; Churchill would grit his teeth, rip the plaster off, and get the country back to school and back to work.'

Yes thats a great idea, 'rip the plaster off' - fucking idiotic.

started later and they have just past their peak cases following the same profile as every other country. They have a population more than 3 times larger than the UK and massive slums in most major cities. lets see what their total death count is in July. Bet it won't be 3 times the UK.
Have they passed their peak? I'm not sure about that ar all. It won't be clear for a week or so yet.
As to deaths. As their poulation density is lower than ours, their average age is 10 years younger than ours, and their obesity and diabetes levels are lower than ours then I would be very suprised if they get anywhere near our levels of death. Even with a nutter for a president and dreadful packed slums I can't see it.
Incidently, if ever there was a disease designed to attack the UK and US, then this is it.

Last edited:
Is that what the Critic mag is? Should check my sources more thoroughly. A counterpoint at the very least.
Unsurprisingly there's a lot of that about at the moment as people just want answers or a way back to normality via a silver bullet.

As a slight aside does everyone remember when school kids were taking one day off for the Greta Thunberg environmental awareness day? The govt proclaiming how bad just one day off would be for their education?
I have worries about my youngest son (age 9). It's incredibly difficult for him to do any form of homework (or at least for me or his mum to enforce). The only way I could work round this is to build lots of stuff with him: Papier Mache viking boats & helmets supplemented with a google shared doc in written form. Next up a 3 foot long titanic. We also built garden furniture from old bits of wood and pallets. I got him on the power tools (safely guided of course), measuring (maths), painting (art) and the sense of pride when it's complete. We do bike rides when we can but there's this sense he's missing out on the social & educational side of school and is pretty much locked down on Roblox.

Antibody tests used to determine if people have been infected in the past with Covid-19 might be wrong up to half the time, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in new guidance posted on its website

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/05/26/cdc-coronavirus-antibody-tests-could-be-wrong-50-of-the-time/

@True_Blue69 read this properly
Maybe - but not the ones approved by UK MHRA that must be >= 98% accurate, with zero false positives, and >= 98% specificity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.