General Videogame Thread

Warzone is just so frustrating. Either drop in to the midst of the battle and dead within seconds or land outside the zone and spend 10/15 minutes wandering round, looting etc and then die whenever i first encounter someone. I actually really enjoy the multiplayer games, especially deathmatch and kill confirmed. All good fun, fast paced and you revive once dead so get a good go at it. When i started id be getting 1 or 2 kills, now regularly up to 10 /11 kills so slowly improving. Its bloody hard though.

Do you play solos or trios/quads in Warzone?

The game is heavily reliant on you working as a team. I find that I only do well when I play with people who work to an objective. If you all drop in trying to loot different buildings, you end up getting hammered.

You can drop somebody, but then there's always another squad mate who will down you. If you have no support, you're finished.

I'm bang average, with a 1.3 k/d. But if I get in with a couple of similar level players who work together, we usually get to the last circle, which is as intense a moment as you will find in any video game.

Warzone is just so frustrating. Either drop in to the midst of the battle and dead within seconds or land outside the zone and spend 10/15 minutes wandering round, looting etc and then die whenever i first encounter someone. I actually really enjoy the multiplayer games, especially deathmatch and kill confirmed. All good fun, fast paced and you revive once dead so get a good go at it. When i started id be getting 1 or 2 kills, now regularly up to 10 /11 kills so slowly improving. Its bloody hard though.

Depends on your level of aspiration. I think any game were i kill someone is a result, if i kill 2 or more then that is over achieving. I tend to drop away from trouble, find a decent gun ideally a sniper then head to a roof top. A solid strategy is to look for a roof top just inside the circle with a decent view over surrounding open ground. You can then pick people of as they run from the gas.

Depends on your level of aspiration. I think any game were i kill someone is a result, if i kill 2 or more then that is over achieving. I tend to drop away from trouble, find a decent gun ideally a sniper then head to a roof top. A solid strategy is to look for a roof top just inside the circle with a decent view over surrounding open ground. You can then pick people of as they run from the gas.
Id be ecstatic to get one kill in all honesty. I've realised the worst thing i can do is run around in the open as people are soo good at shooting and accurate you just get picked off without even seeing it coming. Never really tried the sniper approach yet but will defo give it a go.

I'm starting to get the itch to build a PC again, probably because of lockdown boredom, but i don't really get much time generally to play. I've got my eye on an RTX 2080 with at least an i7 9700 and 16gb RAM, but it starts to get mad expensive. I have however seen that PayPal are offering 12 months interest free credit on items over £99 on eBay from today until some time in June. Seems a good opportunity.
I have got an Nvidia Shield and they have introduced some RTX games, i've tried Quake 2 RTX and its noticeably better. Apparently they have Control on there with RTX as well as Metro Exodus and Wolfenstein Youngblood so might try them too.

The game is heavily reliant on you working as a team. I find that I only do well when I play with people who work to an objective. If you all drop in trying to loot different buildings, you end up getting hammered.

You can drop somebody, but then there's always another squad mate who will down you. If you have no support, you're finished.

I'm bang average, with a 1.3 k/d. But if I get in with a couple of similar level players who work together, we usually get to the last circle, which is as intense a moment as you will find in any video game.

I tend to do quads and get how this is much better but then i find i end up with others who are far more aggressive dropping straight into a fire fight. It also pisses me off when they are clearly far better than me a run around way to fast and i end up just following them up until i get shot. I tend to balance it by dropping a bit behind them, if they go into trouble i will head of somewhere not to far away and find myself a decent gun before approaching wherever they are, if they are in a fight i can sometimes sneak up and kill people but more often than not my squad gets wiped before i arrive on the scene.

Been playing a few more trios with a couple of mates and that defo helps. Sticking together, exploring slowly and backing each other up in fights is the way to do it. You come acrss some trios and they are super slick. All kitted out in the same gear, tactics for clearing buildings and fights, you can tell they really put hours into it.

I'm starting to get the itch to build a PC again, probably because of lockdown boredom, but i don't really get much time generally to play. I've got my eye on an RTX 2080 with at least an i7 9700 and 16gb RAM, but it starts to get mad expensive. I have however seen that PayPal are offering 12 months interest free credit on items over £99 on eBay from today until some time in June. Seems a good opportunity.
I have got an Nvidia Shield and they have introduced some RTX games, i've tried Quake 2 RTX and its noticeably better. Apparently they have Control on there with RTX as well as Metro Exodus and Wolfenstein Youngblood so might try them too.

AMD processors are better value for money these days Intel are slacking, new nvidia cards come out in 5 months.

AMD processors are better value for money these days Intel are slacking, new nvidia cards come out in 5 months.
Some of the processors i've been looking at seem to be much closer in price to what Intel are producing, than they used to be. Maybe i can have a look at the Ryzen 7 if i can get it for a good enough price. GPU's don't seem to be as good value as they used to be.
Yeah i think the 3000s are coming out soon, but from what i can see even the gtx 1080 keeps good price (maybe that's more symptomatic of lockdown).

Id be ecstatic to get one kill in all honesty. I've realised the worst thing i can do is run around in the open as people are soo good at shooting and accurate you just get picked off without even seeing it coming. Never really tried the sniper approach yet but will defo give it a go.
I've not got Warzone, but from what i've seen when playing similar games like PUBG and Cod Mobile, you need to be willing to take your time and be patient. It's better to allow players to kill each other off, just get some gear as quick as you can but find the quietest place to hide (camp). I generally try and find somewhere in a house that only has a a couple on ways in, stay away from the windows and then listen out, if you can go upstairs so there's only one way up then even better. Move fast between circles and try and find somewhere quiet as soon as you get there, obviously until you can't and then it's just luck and trying to distract the opposition.

Also, team mates get you killed. If you are playing in a party, use them as distractions or just stay away from the cunts all together :D

Some of the processors i've been looking at seem to be much closer in price to what Intel are producing, than they used to be. Maybe i can have a look at the Ryzen 7 if i can get it for a good enough price. GPU's don't seem to be as good value as they used to be.
Yeah i think the 3000s are coming out soon, but from what i can see even the gtx 1080 keeps good price (maybe that's more symptomatic of lockdown).

What is your budget? And yeah PCgamer and some others have said the lockdown has caused prices to go up as factories were shut for a while ect and i'd guess whilst in lockdown people started buying more parts maybe?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.