UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are cleared of the allegations, City won't do anything else in pursuit of UEFA. Much to the chagrin of a lot of blues. I suspect the details of the tribunral will be kept secret unfortunately to ensure nobody knows the reasons for us being "cleared". This for me would be the most unsatisfactory element of that outcome.
UEFA will do what it always does, internal wrangles will follow and the axe will be wielded. Maybe Leterme maybe even Ceferin will be sacrificed in a little political blood letting. We all know they are like heads of the Hydra.
I suspect FFP will change and be less impactfull and everyone goes back to normal.
The media will call us cheats that got away with it and we will remain forever tainted in some way. Is this a satisfactory outcome? Each will have to decide for themselves.
I suspect most will be left wanting something more and having a particular bad taste left in their mouths.

Any way back to the CAS hearing.
If as we all hope CAS find in favour of City where does this leave us.
If they rebuke UEFA and overturn the ruling we are back on the CL.
Ok , but what powers do CAS have over EUFA what can they do other than wag a finger at them?
What do City then do ? Go to the Swiss courts? To do exactly what ?
Going after the Cartel is emotionely satisfying but are there other actions that might be taken ?
Any thoughts ?
As far as I'm aware, CAS rulings are binding on the parties. The three potential outcomes are that it finds tha UEFA was correct in the way it conducted the case, came to its conclusion and applied the penalty. It can find that it was correct in the way it conducted the case and came to its conclusion but that the penalty is too severe. That's happened a few times and, while it's not an order as I understand it, UEFA has never failed to comply when it's been recommended to reduce the punishment. Or it can find in our favour and that UEFA improperly conducted the case and/or came to the wrong conclusion. In that case the punishment they've imposed doesn't stand.

As far as I'm aware, CAS rulings are binding on the parties. The three potential outcomes are that it finds tha UEFA was correct in the way it conducted the case, came to its conclusion and applied the penalty. It can find that it was correct in the way it conducted the case and came to its conclusion but that the penalty is too severe. That's happened a few times and, while it's not an order as I understand it, UEFA has never failed to comply when it's been recommended to reduce the punishment. Or it can find in our favour and that UEFA improperly conducted the case and/or came to the wrong conclusion. In that case the punishment they've imposed doesn't stand.
So we get to a situation where we are somewhat tainted but are still on the CL.
"Cheats ", "got away with it " , " brown envelopes " , "bought the verdict " etc etc ..
This can't be our final objective. Can it ?

In the scenario where the punishment doesn't stand what do you think City do next? If anything?

We need CAS to come out with a clear verdict. If CAS decide that we are in the clear, they have got to come out and say why. There are 2 ways of doing this, 1st by a video conference call, or 2nd by releasing a press statement. There mustn't be anything that can be ambiguous in the statement

When we are found not guilty the statement has got to say something like, Not guilty on all accounts. All the accounts were clear and precise, and there is nothing wrong with the books.

In answer to your question FrankSwift1 I hope that we then go after all those who have either said something or printing something. So that would be slander and libel. We go out and see how much we can get. If this bankrupts either a company or a person so be it.

Even if they want to offer a full and frank apology, that also will not do. Give us the damages we are asking for or we will see you in court.

So we get to a situation where we are somewhat tainted but are still on the CL.
"Cheats ", "got away with it " , " brown envelopes " , "bought the verdict " etc etc ..
This can't be our final objective. Can it ?
I don't think it is. Everything I've heard directly and indirectly suggests this is going to be our Michael Corleone moment. But let's get over the first hurdle.

If CAS judgement were to exonerate City on all charges and believed person or persons within the EUFA

process acted improperly does that automatically invoke an inquiry into that wrongdoing, or would City

as party involved have to initiate something, [and if they wanted to], or is that not within remit of CAS?

If there were to be an inquiry, which body would action that, an independent body within EUFA or other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.