General Videogame Thread

What is your budget? And yeah PCgamer and some others have said the lockdown has caused prices to go up as factories were shut for a while ect and i'd guess whilst in lockdown people started buying more parts maybe?
Probably around £1500, i think i could source and build a pretty decent spec PC for that.
I suppose demand has gone up as people can't do fuck all else than play games, then you got nobs like me who couldn't be arsed PC gaming usually, who have some spare time now..

Probably around £1500, i think i could source and build a pretty decent spec PC for that.
I suppose demand has gone up as people can't do fuck all else than play games, then you got nobs like me who couldn't be arsed PC gaming usually, who have some spare time now..

Yeah will get a decent pc for that, I'm still using a 980ti so this next jump will be huge for me only issue is I've just bought a 1080p 180hz monitor of I get a 2080ti I'd need want a 4k monitor.

I'm just going to get a parts list and buy the parts over time I think.

Yeah will get a decent pc for that, I'm still using a 980ti so this next jump will be huge for me only issue is I've just bought a 1080p 180hz monitor of I get a 2080ti I'd need want a 4k monitor.

I'm just going to get a parts list and buy the parts over time I think.
Same here, i bought a widescreen 1080p widescreen LG monitor with 75hz but it was mainly for doing work on. I'd def need to upgrade the monitor or its pointless getting a 2080.

If you can slowly upgrade what you have without severe bottlenecks then that might be the way to go. You can use CCL on eBay and use that PayPal 12 months credit option i mentioned though..

Nvidia are using a new GPU called RTX T10-8 on the GeForce Now service, it operates at about 5% less than the 2080ti. I ran the Ghostrunner demo with RTX on and it was pretty amazing.

Whatever you do, avoid buying a NZXT case. The case itself is ok, quite enclosed and tricky to work with. But the CAM software used to light the case LED's is an abomination.

My system and case worked fine until I turned it on next time round and it literally ground to a standstill. Thought my CPU had broken until I finally managed to stop the program from starting, then removing it. Apparently it's been an issue for over 3 years that still has not been fixed. In my opinion, it shouldn't be allowed to sell until fixed.

What are the games that have make up your life or have the ones that have taken up way too much time in your life. For me its probably

Dungeon Master
Elite on 8bit
Kick Off
Half Life 1 and 2 (Especially online)
Civilization
WoT
7 Days
Factorio

does anyone here play any online PC gaming?

Ms Pacman
Nodes Of Yesod
Sensible Soccer
Monkey Island 2
Lotus 3
Tomb Raider
Olympic Soccer
LMA Manager
Gran Turismo
Halo Combat Evolved
PubG

Same here, i bought a widescreen 1080p widescreen LG monitor with 75hz but it was mainly for doing work on. I'd def need to upgrade the monitor or its pointless getting a 2080.

If you can slowly upgrade what you have without severe bottlenecks then that might be the way to go. You can use CCL on eBay and use that PayPal 12 months credit option i mentioned though..

Nvidia are using a new GPU called RTX T10-8 on the GeForce Now service, it operates at about 5% less than the 2080ti. I ran the Ghostrunner demo with RTX on and it was pretty amazing.

I've just used part picker and made a 3 grand pc, now I've adjusted a few parts I've got it down to 2050 and that's with a 2080ti and a ryzen 3900x!

Whatever you do, avoid buying a NZXT case. The case itself is ok, quite enclosed and tricky to work with. But the CAM software used to light the case LED's is an abomination.

My system and case worked fine until I turned it on next time round and it literally ground to a standstill. Thought my CPU had broken until I finally managed to stop the program from starting, then removing it. Apparently it's been an issue for over 3 years that still has not been fixed. In my opinion, it shouldn't be allowed to sell until fixed.
I don't really care about light's in the case tbh, i'm gonna go as simple as possible and concentrate on access and airflow..

I've just used part picker and made a 3 grand pc, now I've adjusted a few parts I've got it down to 2050 and that's with a 2080ti and a ryzen 3900x!
I think the 2080ti comes in at nearly 1500, so that might be why :D:D
Maybe if you're not in a rush, wait for the 3000's to come out and hope the price goes down a bit? I suppose after this is all done, we might get some good deals with people trying to sell as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.