SPACEX | NASA | Space Exploration | Other Space Ventures

The space station passed over the other night plus I witnessed loads of the starlink satellites passing over my house in offerton a couple of weeks back, looking forward to try and spot this one tonight.

A distant relation of Mrs Moon worked on this project before passing recently (not CV).

It'd be a nice touch if they took his ashes up, we'll be having a look skywards tonight.

ISS is visible at Manchester tonight at:

Wed May 27, 10:57 PM 4 min 26° 11° above W 17° above SSE

Max viewing is 6 minutes in UK so not too bad. 2 nights ago in Wiltshire it was right over the top and 6 minutes

Looking forward to the launch tonight, I was there this time last year visiting Kennedy with the kids and the whole scale of the site took our breath away, would recommend it to anyone.

I don't know why, but got a bad feeling about the launch tonight, the weather is dodgy but America wants these two astronauts up ASAP for a good American news story.

As soon as I heard Trump had contacted them to say they could still pull out, I'm left cynically fearing the worst...

Good luck to them - batshit crazy strapping themselves to these huge bombs.
I went to Canaveral 2018 and yes what a place. Great tour of the site.
We stayed one night on Cocoa Beach (in a motel called Fawlty Towers!) and we then heard a rocket was going up the following night so stayed the extra night to see it.
On Cocoa Beach there is a pier with a tiki bar at the end of it and they said they remain open for 30 mins after blast off as it normally closed at 9pm and blast off was 10pm.
Around 9pm a lightning storm started. No thunder or rain just a regular Florida lightning storm! Lift off was pushed back to 11.... Then 11.45..... 12.15 and then 12.45
The bar did Well that night! My friend had a live stream of what was going on we were watching on her phone.
When it was blast off it was a triple wow.
We were about 5 miles away but could see everything. When it actually lifted off the force of the flames being pushed down lit up the whole place and for about 2 / 3 seconds it was day light!
The rocket went up and up but then tilted and went at an angle eastward. 10 mins or so later you could still see the tiny rear of the rocket fading out as a small dot way into the horizon.
An amazing sight. From being a kid and watching them all go up on a black and white TV in England to being there watching one go up was brilliant.
Have a friend who lives 20 mins away from Cocoa Beach in Melbourne. I called him amd said come and join us and he was like "man I have lived here all my life.... Havent watched one of those go off in years...."

Looking forward to the launch tonight, I was there this time last year visiting Kennedy with the kids and the whole scale of the site took our breath away, would recommend it to anyone.

I don't know why, but got a bad feeling about the launch tonight, the weather is dodgy but America wants these two astronauts up ASAP for a good American news story.

As soon as I heard Trump had contacted them to say they could still pull out, I'm left cynically fearing the worst...

Good luck to them - batshit crazy strapping themselves to these huge bombs.
I wouldn't worry too too much about political interference on the weather. The guidelines for launch or no launch are posted ahead of time and very objective (https://www.weather.gov/images/smg/F9_Crew_WX_Criterai.PNG) and I believe, though not certain, that because this is a SpaceX rocket that the decision will be a joint one between SpaceX and NASA. That said, it's apparently improving, up to 60% odds of a launch tonight. Super excited.

The space station passed over the other night plus I witnessed loads of the starlink satellites passing over my house in offerton a couple of weeks back, looking forward to try and spot this one tonight.
Passed over last night at 10:06pm. First time ive ever been out and watched and it really goes quick across the sky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.