SPACEX | NASA | Space Exploration | Other Space Ventures

Ooh, thanks pal, didn't know that.

Which direction should people be looking?

And don't say up ;)

Falcon 9 + Dragon Crew capsule.
SWW after 21:33pm BST (to the right of the moon).
+2:38 1st stage shutdown 21:35:38
+2:41 1st stage separation 21:35:41
+2:49 2and stage ignition 21:35:49
+3:29 Nose cone ejection 21:40:29
+9:37 2nd stage shutdown 21:42:37
+10:12 2nd stage separation and deployment of solar panels. 21:43:12
21:50 Dragon Capsuie passes over south of the UK

Last edited:
I went to Canaveral 2018 and yes what a place. Great tour of the site.
We stayed one night on Cocoa Beach (in a motel called Fawlty Towers!) and we then heard a rocket was going up the following night so stayed the extra night to see it.
On Cocoa Beach there is a pier with a tiki bar at the end of it and they said they remain open for 30 mins after blast off as it normally closed at 9pm and blast off was 10pm.
Around 9pm a lightning storm started. No thunder or rain just a regular Florida lightning storm! Lift off was pushed back to 11.... Then 11.45..... 12.15 and then 12.45
The bar did Well that night! My friend had a live stream of what was going on we were watching on her phone.
When it was blast off it was a triple wow.
We were about 5 miles away but could see everything. When it actually lifted off the force of the flames being pushed down lit up the whole place and for about 2 / 3 seconds it was day light!
The rocket went up and up but then tilted and went at an angle eastward. 10 mins or so later you could still see the tiny rear of the rocket fading out as a small dot way into the horizon.
An amazing sight. From being a kid and watching them all go up on a black and white TV in England to being there watching one go up was brilliant.
Have a friend who lives 20 mins away from Cocoa Beach in Melbourne. I called him amd said come and join us and he was like "man I have lived here all my life.... Havent watched one of those go off in years...."

What a great experience. We actually stopped in Cocoa Beach on way home to get dinner at an Outback restaurant.

When I got home was trying to convey the size of the Saturn rocket in the hangar exhibition.

My dad was like, 'yep, I get it, the thing is big'

I'm like, 'fucking big, it'll take you two minutes to walk the length of it!!'

What a great experience. We actually stopped in Cocoa Beach on way home to get dinner at an Outback restaurant.

When I got home was trying to convey the size of the Saturn rocket in the hangar exhibition.

My dad was like, 'yep, I get it, the thing is big'

I'm like, 'fucking big, it'll take you two minutes to walk the length of it!!'
The Control Room blast off part of the tour is brilliant, been a long time since I was there though.

Cape Canaveral is on my bucket list, will have to go on my own I think, in 95 there was a shuttle launch we forgot about and we were in Orlando, watching it on tv take off, ran outside and you could see it going up, bloody miles away but some sight. Gutted we’d forgot as I’d have took a trip up to watch that.

Watched a launch from Orlando when we were there in at the end of May 99. From what I remember it was the discovery space craft.

I was only 9 at the time and remember the week before the launch, me, my dad and grandad went on the cape Canaveral tour and I just remember the alligators sat at the side of the roads, and the size of the shuttles . The coach driver loved me in my city shirt and gave me a pin badge with a rocket on it.

Was great seeing the launch while over there, so will try and see this later

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.