Fitness

You don't need to cut down you need to cut it out
I must be honest and say I always find the most difficult time of the year to give up the beer is summer
I'm going to contradict myself now and tell you to cut down on the beer
Only drink on a Friday and Saturday evening
Get walking five miles every day and follow a YouTube no equipment half hour home workout video
When we get to end September cut out the booze altogether for a month and then start running

YouTube home work out with no equipment coming up...

Set yourself achievable goals. Start of with a few miles every other day, taking it steady for the first few weeks. Then gradually build up distance. After a while set PB's that you can reach and you'll soon be picking up the pace and then set some more. You've been fit before from what you've said, it will soon come back. Cut out booze Sunday to Thursday so you can enjoy a few on Friday and Saturday. You'll soon be feeling mentally and physically stronger. Energy will come back, as will motivation.

I’m stuck in a massive rut of drinking and eating far too much...2years ago I was running marathons now I struggle to run 2 miles...completely lost all motivation to get off my arse and lose some weight and feel Fit and healthy again....any ideas or tips!!
Snap out of it and realise that its just a woman and there are loads of them about, mainly all the same. Then start training slowly and get yourself together. And then shag her sister, or at very least a cousin.

Snap out of it and realise that its just a woman and there are loads of them about, mainly all the same. Then start training slowly and get yourself together. And then shag her sister, or at very least a cousin.
bluemoon at its finest.........top one

Thanks Guys. Some good advice..just need to motivate and do it and lay off the pop Sunday to Thursday

I’m stuck in a massive rut of drinking and eating far too much...2years ago I was running marathons now I struggle to run 2 miles...completely lost all motivation to get off my arse and lose some weight and feel Fit and healthy again....any ideas or tips!!

From my experience you need to apply small steps to cut down your boozing, eating and increase your running. Create a bridge towards what you want to do. You won't make the leap from where you are now to complete abstinence, daily exercise and eating like a saint straight away.

You say you use to do marathons, well build up your running again. Start with a nice easy 3-5km run and see how you feel. Don't dive in and run a 10km if you haven't ran in a while as the DOMS will be painful for a few days and you will be pissed off with yourself if you aren't hitting the distance and times you use to do. Your mileage will come back to your gradually over time from muscle memory but not straight away. Don't time your run or try and do it as fast as you can, just go at a pace which is good for you. If you feel good after then build up your distance gradually again adding a mile per week and increase the frequency of runs.

I don't know what you drink or how often. Try swapping your current drinks with non-alcoholic variants or low alcoholic beer or just completely cut out certain days of drinking. I'd say reduce the volume in a session but I know this is difficult to do once you've had a drink. Alternatively where you'd normally drink, swap with a completely different activity. Go out on your bike, find a new hobby, go for a walk, watch Netflix or play computer games essentially MAKE PLANS. It sounds obvious but it works, if you make a plan then your mind is focused on that activity. Booze isn't an option. If you have no plan then your mind and body will default to boozing due to behavior so control your plans.

Booze is a trigger for increased eating especially with hangovers. The alcohol enables the brain to send a false sense of hunger to your body which is why we want a takeaway on a night out or crave stodge the day after boozing. If you reduce your boozing then this hunger goes away and naturally reduces your food intake and reduces appetite.

I don't know what you eat or how often but again it's small steps. Bridge your way to healthier eating. Cut down on the carbs and replace with sweet potato where you might normally have chips. Eat green veg and keep to white meats/fish as much as you can. Reduce your portions if you can't fully switch, drink plenty of water. Cut bread out completely as well, if you can't then at least switch to brown bread and smaller loafs. Healthy food isn't boring, season your fish / chicken and treat yourself to nice marinades and sauces. If you snack then cut down or replace with lighter snacks such rice cakes or healthy nuts. When you are frequently exercising then treat your self to a bit of choc after a run or one takeaway / cheat night per week (having ran in the day).

The above might not be to your approach but the key is bridging and slowly changing your behavior over time.

When you are eventually keeping off the booze, exercising and eating healthier then treat yourself to a nice gift (not booze). Buy new trainers, a flight abroad or whatever you desire.

In usual circumstances I never drink in the flat. Never usually have any alcohol in the flat.

During lockdown I’ve bought, maybe, three bottles of wine and had a few Mackeson stouts on the first Friday night.

Other than that I’ve not touched any alcohol.

Thinking about it, since my birthday six weeks ago I’ve had one bottle of wine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.