Mancini or Pep era?

Mancini era was the culmination of a journey as a fan that had lasted decades, some of those feelings when we won the title (and also due to the manner we won it) can never be replicated. I’m not sure my heart could take it if they were!

The Guardiola era, I’m actually enjoying more. It’s less about the end goal and more just enjoying how we’re getting there. The standard of football at times is just a joy to watch and it’s one of the few times where I’m essentially enjoying the managers performance and choices more than individual players (hard to explain so hope that makes sense!)

Ain't that last line the truth. I feel sorry for the poor sod in advance.

(Unless pep stays for another 3 years or so, bloods a few of the promising youngsters and then hands over to Kompany who then goes on to win a league in his first year. How good would that be!?)

Haha. Sadly I think that the reality is Pep will leave at the end of his current contract and we'll have a new manager next summer!

Mancini was like a chinese all you can eat buffet. Pep is like fine dining. Both enjoyable and a matter of taste, but Pep and what he has given us will probably never get any better in our lifetime.

It's difficult to see past the 100 point Pep season as maybe the greatest season of football in my adult life. So on that basis Pep would pip Mancini. But it's also difficult to not be swept up in the (hindsight) emotion of 11/12. I think we're incredibly lucky to have had both of them to bookend a decade of trophies and success.

The next guy is going to have an insane amount to live up to. It will be the impossible job.
Love that it took a mention of your hero to get your head back above the parapet! ;-)

Both amazing periods but Mancini brought all the "firsts" and had the bollocks to step to the scum and give them a kicking when they were top dog.

He broke barriers and blazed trails like no one has ever done for this club.

Playing wise I prefer Pep's style.

Imagine if we could combine Pep's attacking brilliance with Mancini's stoic "clean sheet" mentality. What a side that would be.

Both excellent but the Mancini era shades it for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.