Summer Transfers

I really liked Paco, especially as a youth player at Valencia - you just felt there was a David Villa profile player waiting to explode. He's very well liked by teammates in NT too. But he's not a winger and his acquisition was one of many that never made any sporting or fiscal sense (With Munir going in the other direction)

For me, all forwards are a downgrade on Suarez - he'll end up as the greatest #9 the club has ever had. A legend. El Toro is the closest thing I have seen to his profile and I love so much about his game eventhough most would prefer Haland or Werner

Nah that would be Etoo for me! Etoo was more successful with Barca despite playing only one season with Messi, has a better goals per games ratio (obviously Suarez has plyed more games compared to Etoo as he has been at Barca for at least 2 years more than Etoo was), went on to win the treble, the pichichi, 2 ucl titles with Barca and scoring the opening goals in both Barca's UCL finals! Shame Pep couldn't shake off the differences he had with Etoo, traded Etoo plus 57m for Ibra. Moratti said the inter board thought Pep had lost his mind, Etoo went on to become the only footballer to win the UCL consecutively with 2 different teams Barca 2008/09, inter 2009/10.

Etoo played with the likes of Deco and Giuly, Suarez has had the luxury of enjoying the best supplies from Messi, Neymar, Iniesta, Xavi and still has a goal ratio almost similar to that of Etoo and 1 UCL trophy shy of Etoo's. "Samu" takes the cake for me! A better footballer and a better person generally, no nasty controversies.

Last edited:
Extend contract. Bravo 1 year. (Steffan hardly played last year so not ready neither is Muric to be 2nd Choice).
Loan Out: Eric Garcia, Yan Cuoto, Zack Steffan, Tommy Doyle and Muric.

Sell:
Patrick Robers £7 Million
Tosin £8 Million
Angelino £15 Million
Zinchenko £25 Million
Sane £60 Million

Buy:
David Alaba £40 Million
Bonnuci £25 Million
Adama Torare £60 Million

Net spent £10 Million

Team
Ederson/Bravo
Walker/Cancelo
Bonnuci/Stones
Laporte/Otamendi
Alaba/Mendy
Rodri/Fernan
KDB/Gundo
Bernie/Foden
Sterling/Adama
Mahrez/Bernie
Aguero/Jesus
90% of city fans think lack of speed is what's killing us at the back. How does a year older nico and bonucci help that? Most fans would put Garcia ahead of nico and stones so leaning him out cant be good. Koulibaly and alaba would sort the defense out.
Walker couto
Alaba mendy
Koulibaly stones Garcia
Laporte alaba
Wouldnt say no to a young lb <20 to be 3rd choice but happy to settle into the Eds.

90% of city fans think lack of speed is what's killing us at the back. How does a year older nico and bonucci help that? Most fans would put Garcia ahead of nico and stones so leaning him out cant be good. Koulibaly and alaba would sort the defense out.
Walker couto
Alaba mendy
Koulibaly stones Garcia
Laporte alaba
Wouldnt say no to a young lb <20 to be 3rd choice but happy to settle into the Eds.

If you look again, I have put Nico as 4th choice. Also remind you he was in team of the year for 2018. He has has 2 years on contract so difficult to move and Garcia is only 19 so he go out on loan and 90 % of the fans will agree he is not ready for starting 11 yet. Also tell me why you think he deserves to be in the squad ahead of Stones? As far as Koulibaly goes, pls go and check the Cavani and Jorgino threads. ;)

Last edited:
Nah that would be Etoo for me! Etoo was more successful with Barca despite playing only one season with Messi, has a better goals per games ratio (obviously Suarez has plyed more games compared to Etoo as he has been at Barca for at least 2 years more than Etoo was), went on to win the treble, the pichichi, 2 ucl titles with Barca and scoring the opening goals in both Barca's UCL finals! Shame Pep couldn't shake off the differences he had with Etoo, traded Etoo plus 57m for Ibra. Moratti said the inter board thought Pep had lost his mind, Etoo went on to become the only footballer to win the UCL consecutively with 2 different teams Barca 2008/09, inter 2009/10.

Etoo played with the likes of Deco and Giuly, Suarez has had the luxury of enjoying the best supplies from Messi, Neymar, Iniesta, Xavi and still has a goal ratio almost similar to that of Etoo and 1 UCL trophy shy of Etoo's. "Samu" takes the cake for me! A better footballer and a better person generally, no nasty controversies.

Samu is a club legend but Luis has already scored more and been a brilliant partner to Messi - Suarez will be remembered as the greatest #9 for the club, plus his ratio is better than that of Eto'o. Having seen the entirety of both forwards at the club, there is a tremendous difference between the two despite both having been incredibly influential in the club's success

Also, Samu has only himself to blame with respect to Pep or his legacy at Barca - sadly, I remember the Racing match all too well in '07. Strikers are egocentric footballers more than most IMHO and the indomitable lion has been no stranger to the failings of that ego just about everywhere he has played

If you look again, I have put Nico as 4th choice. Also remind you he was in team of the year for 2018. He has has 2 years on contract so difficult to move and Garcia is only 19 so he go out on loan and 90 % of the fans will agree he is not ready for starting 11 yet. Also tell me why you think he deserves to be in the squad ahead of Stones? As far as Koulibaly goes, pls go and check the Cavani and Jorgino threads. ;)
Over the quota for foreign players

Extend contract. Bravo 1 year. (Steffan hardly played last year so not ready neither is Muric to be 2nd Choice).

Sell:
Tosin £8 Million
Angelino £15 Million
Zinchenko £25 Million
Sane £60 Million

Buy:
David Alaba £40 Million
Bonnuci £25 Million
Adama Torare £60 Million

Net spent £10 Million

Team
Ederson/Bravo
Walker/Cancelo
Bonnuci/Stones
Laporte/Otamendi
Alaba/Mendy
Rodri/Fernan
KDB/Gundo
Bernie/Foden
Sterling/Adama
Mahrez/Bernie
Aguero/Jesus

steffan did play and was gaining a lot of plaudits. He just suffered a bad knee injury - he’s certainly
More ready than Muric, and a lot better

Doubt anyone is going to be lining up for Roberts even at that price. He's been riddled with injuries and has hardly had any minutes across the past two seasons.

I think the most likely scenario is that he goes out on loan for 1 more season with his contract up in 2022, probably to a championship team knocking on the door of promotion.

If he stays fit for the season and gets gametime, he will show his quality and will have a lot of suitors, but that's a big if at this stage given his hamstrings are made of quavers.

Samu is a club legend but Luis has already scored more and been a brilliant partner to Messi - Suarez will be remembered as the greatest #9 for the club, plus his ratio is better than that of Eto'o. Having seen the entirety of both forwards at the club, there is a tremendous difference between the two despite both having been incredibly influential in the club's success

Also, Samu has only himself to blame with respect to Pep or his legacy at Barca - sadly, I remember the Racing match all too well in '07. Strikers are egocentric footballers more than most IMHO and the indomitable lion has been no stranger to the failings of that ego just about everywhere he has played

Suarez has played about 44 more games than Etoo did and hasn't found the back of the net 38 times, Etoo played 44 less and didnt find the back of the net 36 times. Suarez has had the luxury of playing with Messi, Neymar, Iniesta, Etoo only played with Messi for one season, same with Iniesta. The only exceptional midfielder Etoo played alongside was Ronaldinho yet the goal ratio between Suarez and Etoo are almost the same. Etoo scored barca's opening goal in 2 ucl finals and they went on to lift the trophy twice being the man of the match on both occassions. Suarez has only lifted the trophy once and wasn't key in that final as Iniesta and Rakitic were awarded the man of the match award by different media outlets (iniesta being the official UEFA man of the match). Suarez might have formed a great partnership with Messi but there's a reason Barca hasn't accomplished much on the European stage recently and thats because Suarez isn't a team player, no dynamism besides goal scoring. Suarez isn't half the player Etoo was for Barca and most Barca fans would tell you that Villa was even a better 9 than Suarez.

Suarez played his best at Liverpool but the Suarez at Barca isn't the same man as the one that was in Liverpool so there really is no comparison between Suarez and Etoo.

Sell:
Tosin £8 Million
Angelino £15 Million
Zinchenko £25 Million
Sane £60 Million

Buy:
David Alaba £40 Million
Bonnuci £25 Million
Adama Torare £60 Million

Very unrealistic fees there. And no chance we give Bravo another year. Roberts will 2/3 mill at best. Tosin probably isn't worth selling on this summer if we can get him tied down for 2/3 more years and a loan to a PL club. Angelino might be right but think City will push for higher especially if Leipzig use him a bit more in these final few games. Sane 60m sounds nice but I just don't see it.

Alaba, he's who I want but even with a year left I think it'll be a challenge to get him at 40m. Bonucci isn't worth a free transfer. We need a younger long term partner for Laporte, not someone to fill a gap. Why keep Nico and get Bonucci? Same type of player. And if Adama leaves Wolves it'll be for way above 60m. They do not want or need to sell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.