Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Once the contact training come in if anyone gets a positive test the whole squad shout isolate for 14 days!

How accurately do they trace the contacts you say you have been near.

Could a cheeky rival fan for example if they unfortunately test positive list Jürgen Klopp as someone they have been in close contact with and in theory forcing him home to isolate for two weeks?

On the HYS on bbc about the return to contactless training, this comment made me smirk:

‘Harry kane got four penalties during non contact training’

From an arsenal fan. Would have been even more believable if it said Mr Salad

Problem with this is it's looking only at one aspect (mortality). What about all the cases where people are very sick but don't die, or worse those who are carriers and then infect others?
It's a graph on mortality by age range but it demonstrates the unequal risk across the age groups.

I agree that whilst the old suffer unequally that is not the case in terms of carrying and transmitting it but in terms of public health, the return of football can have little impact. For the footballers, and their families this must be a big concern but they are being tested, and they're fortunate that they are playing outdoors and not working in factories, and call centres. It's been mentioned many times that outdoor transmission is much less likely than in enclosed space because of the dispersal of virus laden droplets and viral degradation in sunlight.

What about the families they return home too ?

What about a positive test after a match (assuming we ever have one), both teams can't play for 14 days, if games are only 3 or 4 days apart, the previous team surely has to isolate as well.

Why not test it first by restarting the FA Cup in a short schedule to get it completed, oh wait......
An assumption, or fact?

Edit: There is some guidance here https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...e-sport-return-to-training-guidance-stage-two

If there's no get-out for football it could scupper the competition which probably means they'll find a way around it. This needs to be sorted out before the restart otherwise it could be prone to abuse.

Last edited:
False positives are not common, from what i've read and also been told by health professionals. However, the UFC had an event a couple weeks ago now and 1200 tests were administered with only 3 confirmed positives. A number of fighters have now come out and said they were given false positives, i'm not sure what has happened and whether they have then tested again and comeback negative, but all this just proves to me that the testing is shite. We already know there are false negatives, i don't know whether the 4 players who have tested positive on the latest run of tests had incorrect results last time round or the virus wasn't visible at that time, or they just caught it recently, but this is the EXACT reason there should be huge worries about restarting. We need to get the country moving, but with caution and with distancing which is the strategy of every country in the world, but you cannot do this in a team sport. It's impossible. I don't know if the answer is to stop it until we have a vaccine, but at the very least until we can prove the testing is much more accurate and fast.

You can't talk about mortality without referencing age. From the ONS.

ECOHtxJ.png

I mean...yeah? I don't really know what that has to do with my post?

I am assuming here that once the Premier League has been completed they will then concentrate on and try to finish the FA Cup.

Yet another player has Covid19 just 3 days after a negative test. How many more have come back positive and that the results have not been released.

So it looks like you could have it one day then go straight home and stay isolated for most of the time. The only time you leave home is to go shopping. Then tested some days later only to find that you have contracted the Covid19 virus. This will mean that in all probability you may have passed it on to all your tem mates.

shev the blue the way things are going I will not be surprised that after the first round of matches, when they have retested some of the players some of them will come back positive. Once that happens then the problems will really start for the Premier League. All the players from both clubs plus the officials and any ground staff will all have to be retested and have to isolate fro the 14 days.

I just wonder if that should happen what the Premier League will do the. I hope and pray that not one player becomes serious ill and does not die from this Covid19 virus. If that should happen the premier League will be finished.

According to the BBC anyone in England who tests positive for coronavirus will be contacted via text, email or over the phone and asked to log on to the NHS Test and Trace website, where they'll be asked for details of people with whom they've been in close contact.

Under-18s will be phoned, and a parent or guardian will need to give permission for the call to continue.

The tracers can track down the contacts of 10,000 people every day, the government says.

This could include household members, but extends to anyone they have been within 2m (6ft) of for more than 15 minutes.

so let’s say I get the symptoms but don’t report - useless
I do report, get asked to log on to the website but don’t - useless
I do report, get tested and contacted and asked who I have been in contact with. Half I can’t remember and no way am I telling them about my mistress/sex worker/drug dealer/whatever. - useless
They ask for permission to talk to under 18s in my household who are covid positive. I refuse. - useless
Been on a train for over 15 minutes no idea who else was - useless
Been on a tram for over 15 minutes no idea who else was - useless
Been in a cab for over 15 minutes no idea who was in it before me infecting every surface - useless

That’s before they start telling my contacts they have to take sick leave!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.