COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an ID card in Malaysia. And you can't get a SIM card without your passport or ID card, which is then registered with the phone company. I'm not sure what it achieves. I think the main argument against the ID card scheme in the UK was always the cost, and they didn't seem to do a good job communicating the supposed benefits.
Was it compulsory to carry the ID card in Malaysia?
If it isn’t compulsory I don’t see the point.
You just turn up at a police station with ID like card, passport, whatever.

Those that would comply, will still comply regardless of what one individual did. Those that don't comply, wouldn't have done anyway

Disagree. There will now be many who would usually comply that now won't. I'm almost certain. They were likely feeling incredibly low and will now think 'fuck it, the lockdown is clearly over' because they feel like mugs as it feels to them that they're being taken for fools while most aren't taking it seriously and doing what they want. Whether that is true or not, it's how plenty will feel, and that had changed for one major reason. The Cummings saga *has* completely eroded the legitimacy of the whole thing in the eyes of many who were complying. Not all of course, but you can literally sense the shift in mood. The lockdown was already hanging by a thread and this is the final nail in its coffin.

Disagree. There will now be many who would usually comply that now won't. I'm almost certain. They were likely feeling incredibly low and will now think 'fuck it, the lockdown is clearly over' because they feel like mugs as it feels to them that they're being taken for fools while most aren't taking it seriously and doing what they want. Whether that is true or not, it's how plenty will feel, and that had changed for one major reason. The Cummings saga *has* completely eroded the legitimacy of the whole thing in the eyes of many who were complying. Not all of course, but you can literally sense the shift in mood. The lockdown was already hanging by a thread and this is the final nail in its coffin.

Certainly not amongst the people I know. Most couldn't care less about Cummings and certainly wouldn't change their behaviour because of what one person has done. They will do what they do for their own benefit and that of the community. If somebody is stupid enough to do otherwise, then I really don't believe they would have complied anyway. The lockdown was starting to crumble well before any of this came to light.

Those that would comply, will still comply regardless of what one individual did. Those that don't comply, wouldn't have done anyway

That’s right in the main Steve but there’s always a few wavered in the middle. I don’t blame Cummings if the break the rules. We have our own minds. It’s his shambolic performance on the Covid 19 response strategy that is more damning.

Hoowfully, we have now got through the worst of it and there won’t be a second wave of any significant. It’s staring the obvious but people need to remain careful.

That’s right in the main Steve but there’s always a few wavered in the middle. I don’t blame Cummings if the break the rules. We have our own minds. It’s his shambolic performance on the Covid 19 response strategy that is more damning.

Hoowfully, we have now got through the worst of it and there won’t be a second wave of any significant. It’s staring the obvious but people need to remain careful.

I agree with that Tim.

This only confuses things further, frustratingly. Does it not rule out the idea that most were just beating it via other methods such as t-cells?
It pretty much knocks on the head the idea that you are likely to have symptomatic infection without developing a humoral response. Doesn't mean that T cells are not very important for fighting the infection. They are.

Certainly not amongst the people I know. Most couldn't care less about Cummings and certainly wouldn't change their behaviour because of what one person has done. They will do what they do for their own benefit and that of the community. If somebody is stupid enough to do otherwise, then I really don't believe they would have complied anyway. The lockdown was starting to crumble well before any of this came to light.

Things like this can affect behaviour without it necessarily being an act of open rebellion. It changes people's perceptions of what is/isnt safe and/or socially acceptable. Whether you care to admit it or not, everyone's behaviour is interrelated in some way or another and the decisions taken by this government will have had a trickle down effect and will harm us all in one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.