Gareth Taylor - new manager of women’s team / Jill Scott

Me neither but I'd have looked it up before saying I was dissapointed City haven't appointed an experienced coach.So I checked.

In September 2011, Taylor was appointed as a coach at former club Manchester City, and was given the task of developing young talent in Dubai.[36] He became the under-16 coach at the City of Manchester Stadium in 2012.

They'll definately know enough about him and his qualaties.
It’s not his “qualities “ with young players I have problems with it’s his complete lack of any experience in the women’s game at the top level. When the Rags started they set off with one of the most experienced coaches in the women’s game and it paid off immediately.
Lack of relevant experience could result in a complete change of positions of the two Manchester teams, a position which no City fan would be happy with.

Reactions: mat
It’s not his “qualities “ with young players I have problems with it’s his complete lack of any experience in the women’s game at the top level. When the Rags started they set off with one of the most experienced coaches in the women’s game and it paid off immediately.
Lack of relevant experience could result in a complete change of positions of the two Manchester teams, a position which no City fan would be happy with.

This.

Good luck to him but I feel it's a backwards step. I wish Steph would do a Vinny and do a coaching course. I think she would make a great gaffer for them.

So, the one positive at this news is the fact a spot has opened up for a youth team coach.

I hope somebody is calling Pablo Zabaleta immediately.

City want the whole club to play in certain way. Possession based high pressing football. Thats why they don't appoint anyone from outside really.

Taylor knows City's philosophy inside out and is willing to play that way.

Barca do this often too, promote from within for the exact same reason.

Has been doing a great job with the U-18’s disappointed he has not moved up to the U-23’s. Women’s gain is a loss for our youth players. I Prefer youth football over women’s hence my feelings on this.

Await with interest who will lead the youth teams for the new season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.