COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think the scrotes though even know who Cummings is or even take any personal responsibility for their own actions?

For the past month I have seen hundreds of people taking the piss in my own locality, those people will take the piss regardless.

People who are responsible will continue to be responsible. Sadly, there are enough ignorant chunks of the populous who only care about themselves.

If more people let some weirdo like Cummings inform their decision, they were probably already looking for a get out of jail free card anyhow.
Spot on.

Surely its not a case of " he's not abiding by the rules so why should i"
The precautions are to protect us all so why risk your life.

He is no better than others who break rules but we stay away from them if we value our health
Luckily most of us are sensible enough to do what is right for us and our families. If people don't do the right thing let them deal with the consequences, I don't give a flying fuck what happens to them

Can I get a poll of opinions? My work is slowly going back, they are aiming to start with 30%. The Management board ( CEO ) has stated people who live with in cycling distance, or own a car should go back first. My manager is putting pressure on me to go in, my current commute is on a train and can take an hour. Over here the trains aren't running at full efficiency and operate at 40% capacity. Potentially I could be late for work, or it could take hours to get home.

I've challenged him and said isn't it company directive that train commuters are the last back. He said it is but he would like me back ( because we have new staff and he needs experienced people in ) I honestly don't want to spend hours commuting right now whilst others work from home ( most of whom have been doing the square root of FA ) I've politely told him to follow protocol / directives. Was this the right thing to do?

Not been on here for a while, without trawling through, when the kids return to school are the grandparents allowed to pick them up when their parents are working

Can I get a poll of opinions? My work is slowly going back, they are aiming to start with 30%. The Management board ( CEO ) has stated people who live with in cycling distance, or own a car should go back first. My manager is putting pressure on me to go in, my current commute is on a train and can take an hour. Over here the trains aren't running at full efficiency and operate at 40% capacity. Potentially I could be late for work, or it could take hours to get home.

I've challenged him and said isn't it company directive that train commuters are the last back. He said it is but he would like me back ( because we have new staff and he needs experienced people in ) I honestly don't want to spend hours commuting right now whilst others work from home ( most of whom have been doing the square root of FA ) I've politely told him to follow protocol / directives. Was this the right thing to do?
I'd say you did the right thing. If you do get forced back, you should ask for remuneration for time spent travelling if it's going to take you longer than usual.

Lots of push back against the quarantine programme in the media. Will now be listening and watching out for words from the government such as ‘temporary’, ‘initial’, ‘provisional’ in association with it. That’ll be a good indicator that the whole thing is already toast and will be scrapped by July 8th; and, I’m being generous rounding up to a month from its introduction.

IT IS A DISGRACE and yet it's worse elsewhere with the UK being about the best of badly hit countries.
32% of care homes in England had Covid-19 cases. 38% in Wales, and 48% in Scotalnd. Elsewhere in Europe it's over 50%, New york state its 60%+ and in Canada it's 81%.
Over 50% of deaths in most western nations are in care homes. In the home nations this only applies in Scotland. In the UK as a whole it's only about a third (33%) for all excess deaths and 20% for Covid-19 related deaths.
But who could have stopped the NHS discharging patients to care homes? Front line beuracrates? Their bosses? I'm sorry, but sadly no common sence is allowed in on-command beuracratic processes.

Hard to comment because I don't know how or who you're comparing too. I know in other European countries they have a much higher care home population per capita than ours and in Belgium they counted cases where it was only suspected and never tested patients.

That aside, the situation in our care homes has been a farce regardless of comparisons elsewhere. For you to sound so chipper about it as part of your wider need to play down how badly the whole thing has been handled is pretty disrespectful to those who have paid the ultimate price.

Lots of push back against the quarantine programme in the media. Will now be listening and watching out for words from the government such as ‘temporary’, ‘initial’, ‘provisional’ in association with it. That’ll be a good indicator that the whole thing is already toast and will be scrapped by July 8th; and, I’m being generous rounding up to a month from its introduction.
Its a stupid idea at this stage..Just jumping to media pressure regardless of the consequences. OK don't let people in if they've recently been to Yemen,Brazil etc.

Are you old or infirm?

Id be fucking delighted to be brought off furlough. i'd catch the fucking virus if i had to and I'm pre-diabetic.

You think the scrotes though even know who Cummings is or even take any personal responsibility for their own actions?

For the past month I have seen hundreds of people taking the piss in my own locality, those people will take the piss regardless.

People who are responsible will continue to be responsible. Sadly, there are enough ignorant chunks of the populous who only care about themselves.

If more people let some weirdo like Cummings inform their decision, they were probably already looking for a get out of jail free card anyhow.

This is the same line of thinking people were peddling weeks ago when we arguing about the guidance not being clear enough "oh well I understand it so those who don't are thick." Ironically we're still arguing about it now given our government has performed a massive u turn on everything it told us all along.

Now it's, "well if people change their habits now they were going to anyway and they're selfish".

We know thick people exist and we know selfish people exist. Unfortunately those are the people most likely to spread the virus and harm the rest of us, so there's still a need for the government to acknowledge that and minimise the risk they pose to the rest of us.

If thick people exist then make the guidance understandable to thick people. Don't make it deliberately vague and then say "haha well you're thick if you don't understand it".

If behavioural scientists warn you that guidance had to be seen to be observed from the top down, or else you'll lose public buy in, then you observe it from the top down. You dont undermine it all just to protect one person.

Managing the virus involves managing people and their behaviour. That includes thick people and selfish people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.