Parents threatening their children

Fame Monster

I've got a neighbour who's constantly threatening to 'twat' her kids and beat them up for the most minor thing on a daily basis pretty much. The thing is, I've never seen the kids with injuries and they seem pretty normal, albeit sadly likely to turn out the way their mum is. Nearly every time I'm in the garden I hear it. What should I do? The kids are maybe about 12 and 10 years old.

I've got a very similair problem with my neighbour. He's got the most awful way of screaming violently at his young kids (one is under 5). Sometimes it happens every day for weeks on end. Uses the worst language imaginable. Usually happens when the wife is out but sometimes when she's at home. Proper piece of work this one, she started to shout at him last night and he let her know that she wasn't allowed. So it's just him allowed. There's more subtle stuff that upsets me. He has a massive chip on his shoulder, he takes it out on them behind closed doors. He's 6'4 for chrissakes. Uses his screaming voice and abuse to get his own way when challenged for his constant shit. Bad childhood, by his own account, but no danger of him taking responsibility. She eventually kicked him out, full scale, but he weedled his way back in within a week. I never figured out what I could do. She won't stand up for herself, she's just learned to put up with it to the point where she's started copying him. Very sad and upsetting. I'm moving on. Constantly.

Mum threatened us with care and "killing us" loads of times when we were young but I am here to tell the tale that she was a great Mum nonetheless, but being concerned if you think that it's more than that is a good thing.

I've got a neighbour who's constantly threatening to 'twat' her kids and beat them up for the most minor thing on a daily basis pretty much. The thing is, I've never seen the kids with injuries and they seem pretty normal, albeit sadly likely to turn out the way their mum is. Nearly every time I'm in the garden I hear it. What should I do? The kids are maybe about 12 and 10 years old.

If it's still bad when school starts up then maybe report it. Don't forget famalies have been living on top of each other and everyone is stressed and on edge. If she's still at it when things get back to normal then the next step is yours.

Report her for noise pollution rather than the 'violent mother' angle. She could be a loving non violent mother but if you report her to social services they'll follow her around like a bad smell for a long time to come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.