Parents threatening their children

Report them. You can do it anonymously. Children's Services will ring the parent(s) inform them about how they should talk to their children. And it will be logged, should any further "incidents" arise. Rather than ask yourself, "What if I'm mistaken, and there's nothing to worry about" ask yourself, "What if I'm correct and the children are being neglected?"
You say they're "unmarked". So are lots of kids who get a good hiding. It's just not always obvious. Do the right thing. Report it:
https://www.manchestersafeguardingpartnership.co.uk/concerned/

Not seeing any injuries dosen't mean there aren't any, these sort of people are smart enough to do things which wouldn't show.

Report him, if it's just verbal and nothing more sinister then the authorities will soon clear it up and you won't have sleepless nights should something happen.

The kind of abuse that affects children the most is constant shouting, emotional abuse and belittling, leaving children confused and frightened. It affects their sense of well-being, confidence, self esteem and stays with them for life. I’m still surprised in this day and age that people think it’s ok so long as they aren’t hit or marked, as some people have alluded to on this thread. Many of us were hit by parents that cared for and loved us. That was then and we were emotionally resilient because we were loved. Yet ask any adult who was constantly put down, screamed at and had their sense of worth shattered as a kid what that was like and they will break your heart with how it has affected them for life. I work with children and adults who have suffered trauma and suffering at both ends of the spectrum. Take it from me, if this is not an isolated incident do something about it... don’t sit back and think it’s somebody else’s responsibility. Safeguarding children is everybody’s responsibility.

The kind of abuse that affects children the most is constant shouting, emotional abuse and belittling, leaving children confused and frightened. It affects their sense of well-being, confidence, self esteem and stays with them for life. I’m still surprised in this day and age that people think it’s ok so long as they aren’t hit or marked, as some people have alluded to on this thread. Many of us were hit by parents that cared for and loved us. That was then and we were emotionally resilient because we were loved. Yet ask any adult who was constantly put down, screamed at and had their sense of worth shattered as a kid what that was like and they will break your heart with how it has affected them for life. I work with children and adults who have suffered trauma and suffering at both ends of the spectrum. Take it from me, if this is not an isolated incident do something about it... don’t sit back and think it’s somebody else’s responsibility. Safeguarding children is everybody’s responsibility.
From someone who was on the receiving end of both physical and emotional abuse, the latter was the worst. Bruises were worn almost like a badge of pride, the emotional stuff stayed with me for years. As for the OP, it's a really difficult choice to know what to do there. Really don't envy you.

From someone who was on the receiving end of both physical and emotional abuse, the latter was the worst. Bruises were worn almost like a badge of pride, the emotional stuff stayed with me for years. As for the OP, it's a really difficult choice to know what to do there. Really don't envy you.
It's a really simple choice. Report it. Or the child could end up with, like you, emotional turmoil for years.

See and hear, or hear of, this sort of thing quite a lot.

It’s the examples set for them by their parents and it just slides down the generations like shit on a shovel.

And as every generation passes we wonder why some young people have no respect.

See and hear, or hear of, this sort of thing quite a lot.

It’s the examples set for them by their parents and it just slides down the generations like shit on a shovel.

And as every generation passes we wonder why some young people have no respect.
I used to get hit by my mother regularly. Sometimes it was probably warranted, but mostly not. She'd had a bad day at work, perhaps, or I'd been playing out for too long, nothing much really.
I swore that I would never treat my kids that way, and other than one time, I never did.

Proper old school parenting would have seen wooden spoons or whatever else was lying around, gone soft these days.

My mum used to leather us with any weapon that was to hand. Wooden spoons, belt, coat hanger, those sticks you used to "train" the Swiss cheese plant to grow, shoes,basically anything.

Sounds terrible now but, luckily I'm sure, none of us came to harm and all have decent lives.

I used to get hit by my mother regularly. Sometimes it was probably warranted, but mostly not. She'd had a bad day at work, perhaps, or I'd been playing out for too long, nothing much really.
I swore that I would never treat my kids that way, and other than one time, I never did.

Same here. The idea of hitting my daughter horrified me. Thankfully the world has moved on from those days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.