COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised how quickly everything is going back to normal, something doesnt add up here.

A simple five minute walk outside will tell you why. Apart from the shops being open, people are meeting up with each other. I don’t think the current form of a lockdown can be sustained much longer.

I got pillared on here when i said we'll all be pretty much back to normal by July/August - not ruling out a 'second wave' of some sort but it's looking likely the return to norm is not that far off

I’ll not be linking a conspiracy here but this prolonged Mediterranean vibe has added to the fucking weirdness over the past two months. Greatest ’summer’ in years.
Like a childhood Pontins ad nauseum.

how many new cases in South Korea btw? More of a blip that’s being dealt with properly?

I got pillared on here when i said we'll all be pretty much back to normal by July/August - not ruling out a 'second wave' of some sort but it's looking likely the return to norm is not that far off

July is far too optimistic. As the scientist said we still have a very very high infection rate. August possibly.

I think that's probably because most assumed the government would actually try and stop the virus, not just give a half arsed go at it for 6 weeks and then just let everything go back to normal and pretend they'd fixed it. Hard to imagine why we wouldn't just start all getting infected again like before the lockdown, as nothing really has changed (except maybe 5% are immune and thousands are now dead)

Department of Health and Social Care
@DHSCgovuk

As of 9am 28 May, there have been 3,918,079 tests, with 119,587 tests on 27 May.

269,127 people have tested positive.

As of 5pm on 27 May, of those tested positive for coronavirus, across all settings, 37,837 have sadly died.

4:35 PM · May 28, 2020

In the meantime test numbers are high enough for stats (worldometer numbers).

In the UK 270k from 3.9m tests were positive (6.7%).
In the US 1.75m from 16m test were positive (10.9%).
Worldwide 5.8m from (very roughly) 75m test were positive (7.7%).

Shouldn't we assume in this early phase of the pandemic mostly symptomatic persons should have been tested? The chance must be quite high that we have at least hit the average infection rate.

Why should we have tested an under-average number of positive persons?

If it's true PCR tests are at least 97% accurate the true infection rate shouldn't be higher than the %-ages above, even if not welcome as a message.

No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.