Premier League to restart on Wednesday June 17th

The season will only be open for the 2-3 games the dippers need to avoid the asterisk. As soon as they get those points it will be closed down following a ‘re-evaluation of circumstances’ and ‘in the best interests of all’.
And once the games are evened up on the 17th final standings can be taken come on Sheffield get above the rags.

Given clothing shops can open will the club shop be open on the 17th?
Don’t know but wonder how the whole clothing thing will work won’t be able to try on, and doubt they would allow returns, plus all the browsers handling stuff.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/05/28/exclusive-premier-league-restart-june-17/

The Premier League season will resume on Wednesday June 17 – with Aston Villa at home to Sheffield United and Manchester City hosting Arsenal.

The two matches are in the ‘games in hand’ that will take all the 20 clubs up to 29 matches and have huge ramifications at both ends of the table.

Another Premier League game may be played on Friday June 19 but the full round of fixtures will start on Saturday June 20 with matches staggered across the weekend.
I'm done with football now.... Staggering that they are going back and i wonder who will take the blame if somebody dies..

Time to ponder what to do about the season ticket

We'll never know but I feel confident that if were leading, they'd have scrapped the league weeks ago

Saying 1 person could infect the world is a really poor understanding of the situation. There are still social distancing rules inside and outside the football matches and training. The players arent' catching a full tube back home followed by a trip to a restaurant to celebrate the win and then shopping the next day.

The only people really exposed to a positive player are also being tested twice a week, As the Prenetics guy said, the chances of 2 false tests in the incubation period are 1 in 7000. That makes it incomparable to the outbreak in public.

And as soon as there's a positive test, there can be immediate and precise contact tracing and testing, which eliminates the spread.

If that 1st woman was in a testing and isolation system like the PL players, there'd be no pandemic.

Yeah understand if all I just think it’s to early to start then.

The season will only be open for the 2-3 games the dippers need to avoid the asterisk. As soon as they get those points it will be closed down following a ‘re-evaluation of circumstances’ and ‘in the best interests of all’.
Bang on. That first round of fixtures gets us all on the same number of games played. They can declare the season ended then rather than null and void, deciding to not play any more fixture for the sake of the nations health. Dippers champs, existing bottom three down, and if CAS comes up with the goods rags in the CL. All other domestic comps null and void.

Sad day this.....premier league has turned into a farce. For the integrity of the league any restart must mean the league is played under the same rules as before the break. Anything other is just taking the piss out of us match going fans. The way I feel about this restart at the moment is that's me done with being a match going fan. They dont give a shit about us, but are happy to take our money. At this moment I hate what football has become.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.