Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Over the last 20 yrs the self same broadcasters you are criticising have relentlessly peddled the myth that sport is primarily entertainment and the armchair masses and less partisan modern match goers have fallen for it.

Top sportsmen want the money that goes with big crowds and millions of tv viewers but they’d do it for nothing, they love the competition, the testing yourself against another guy who also dedicated his whole life to being good at a sport.

Supporters are irrelevant
Agree with your sentiment, but football or sport in general without spectators is nothing, absolutely nothing.

So with the new track and trace the government can isolate towns etc, so if a group of footballers live in that town they have to isolate as Hancock says it’s their civic duty.

Agree with your sentiment, but football or sport in general without spectators is nothing, absolutely nothing.
Everyone’s different I suppose. I’m fascinated by the match not the crowd. Obvs it’s different when I’m watching city cos its fun to feel part of something and to shout and scream encouragement and I’m hugely invested in the result but my enjoyment of say Dortmund v Bayern the other day wasn’t diminished one bit by a lack of crowd noise or endless pointless lingering shots of the crowd

People are already taking to the beaches, the sun is bringing everyone out, less and less fear of this virus yet the situation is "fragile" with the "R" value. The cost of the PL restart could be very high if they dont give enough warnings and fines.

Folk allowed to travel across the country and visit tourist destinations plus football starting up, the virus has gone!

So with lockdown and social distancing now over, what's everyone's plans?

still say a ball wont be kicked, incoming 2nd wave is certain and we will have to shut down again causing further damage to the economy,two weeks is my guess when the R rate start going upwards

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.