COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to comment because I don't know how or who you're comparing too. I know in other European countries they have a much higher care home population per capita than ours and in Belgium they counted cases where it was only suspected and never tested patients.

That aside, the situation in our care homes has been a farce regardless of comparisons elsewhere. For you to sound so chipper about it as part of your wider need to play down how badly the whole thing has been handled is pretty disrespectful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
The countries in Europe are: Germany, Sweden, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Italy and Spain.
I should point out that the UK counted suspected cases of Covid-19 in care homes as well as other countries.

Last edited:
I’ll not be linking a conspiracy here but this prolonged Mediterranean vibe has added to the fucking weirdness over the past two months. Greatest ’summer’ in years.
Like a childhood Pontins ad nauseum.

how many new cases in South Korea btw? More of a blip that’s being dealt with properly?

It's a really shit time to not have a garden or balcony, or any notable green space anywhere near you...i'll tell you that.

in graph form.

cases.png

3 day rolling average
daily-covid-cases-3-day-average.png

this site is excellent, you can and and compare what ever countries you like from loads of graph options
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/...y-average?country=FRA~ITA~NLD~KOR~ESP~GBR~USA

Adding for context.... we need to realise this isn't petering out. its still increasing globally.

daily-cases-covid-19.png
Great site. Thanks.

A simple five minute walk outside will tell you why. Apart from the shops being open, people are meeting up with each other. I don’t think the current form of a lockdown can be sustained much longer.

It could if they wanted it to. Urgent, repeated messaging. PSAs, away from the press conferences that people have given up listening to, letters sent out again, texts to every phone, police encouraged to caution people again etc etc. But they've not done any of that since the very first message. This public needs constant reminders. It's been half-arsed tbh. Can only presume its intentional.

It won't be "normal" though, it'll be quite a different normal.

well come Monday - there will be bbq party’s up and down the land, beaches packed, shops opening, trains, tubes busy (all of which has been happening anyway)

in a couple months what actually won't be normal ?

That's one idea. Setting up mobile units was another - particularly targetting workplaces, or communities with high infection rates. The effort to be able to say we'd met a target being one thing, the actual effort required to make testing effective being quite another.
What's the point wasting tests on people who don't need one ? They should only be testing people who think they have symptoms, and if people are not booking tests it's good news, because less people are suffering possible symptoms.

Under these new rules can people from other households be in a car together?

Say my olds need picking up cos they don't drive and we want to go for a walk in the park for example.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.