TV Series

Just binged Umbrella Academy. Wow. Great soundtrack, a touch of Guardians, Xmen, carnival, Tarenteno and Baby Driver. Good story line and character development throughout.

Finished Season 1 tonight and yes, I enjoyed that a lot.

Season 2 released July 31, 2020.

54 Hours The Gladbeck Hostage Crisis, two parter on IPlayer. True story of a bank robbery hostage situation in Germany in 1988.

Wait, so the first two seasons I recently finished watching on Netflix was originally produced by the BBC?

Yes.

The Netflix seasons seem to benefit from a bigger budget. The writing team for S1-2 were also heavily involved in S3 but there has been much more of change for S4 (which I am only halfway through)

One change I've noticed in the current season so far is that the battle scenes seem a bit more graphic

I'm not one to be impacted by TV series, especially on ITV but the "Little Boy Blue" drama was gut wrenching and tragic to watch. The drama covers the murder of Rhys Jones and how the killer and accomplices were caught.

I vaguely remember how callous Sean Mercer was and didn't show any ounce of remorse at the trial. A lot of his accomplices have since been released and have re offended.
A real eye-opener, the behaviour of the accused at the trial was truly awful.

The officer in charge was temporarily promoted and then as soon as the trial ended he was demoted back to his previous rank. He had trod on too many senior toes I suspect by refusing to rush the investigation. Got his own back by using up all his holidays whilst working his notice and got his pension at the higher ranking.

He is quoted as saying that things are still as bad in Liverpool, quelle surprise!

Tales From The Loop
Sci-fi based on the paintings of Swedish artist Simon Stålenhag.
It has a soundtrack throughout by Philip Glass.

Yes.

The Netflix seasons seem to benefit from a bigger budget. The writing team for S1-2 were also heavily involved in S3 but there has been much more of change for S4 (which I am only halfway through)

One change I've noticed in the current season so far is that the battle scenes seem a bit more graphic
I don't know why but to me it was so different after the changeover. I struggled through the first Netflix episode but left it there.

3 episodes into Star Trek: Picard....

Does it get any better? Seems very wooden and forced.
Like the plot with the Borg though, the ultimate enemy from Next Generation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.